[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Jackson for Kyle Orton...

Metalhead316

Just lookin for one or two opinions, had troubles opening the trade gates with some guys but finally got them to make some offers....heres what i have.

I have a hard time thinking Hightower is gonna get pulled after the nice production hes had, thats the only reason id maybe lean to trading him is if Wells totally pushed him to the back burner but i just dont see that happening.

What would you strive for with this setup:

Favre

Palmer

Pierre Thomas

Tim Hightower

Bandon Jackson

Calvin Johnson

Marques Colston

Malcom Floyd

Mike Williams TB

Jabar Gaffney

Louis Murphy

Antonio Gates

---

Its hard for me to pinpoint a back to try and trade for, seems a good handful of them are doing so well this year that it would be hard to tempt someone to drop em.

I am 2-0 for the year still though, so im not too too desperate yet but yea i would love a little more production in the RB department.

ok, Four guys i would keep no matter what are Pierre thomas, Gates, Calvin, palmer in that order. ( that should be your backbone and everything else i would toy around and try to improve at RB)

I would try to move gaffney, floyd, jackson, Hightower while his value is still very high and colston because there are just too many weapons on that team, plus, i dont like have an RB and a WR from the same team.

i would target:

Jamaal Charles (he will break out, just a matter of time)

Ryan mathews ( good upside)

Shonn Greene (good upside)

DeAngello Williams (cant keep sucking it up, too much talent)

I think you gotta target guys that are under performing who you think will get better, thats the only way you will improve your team. Also, take your time its only week 2

Maybe offer something like:

Floyd and jackson for Greene

Colston for charles

See who needs WR help and target those people.

Edited by angelitto

I think you win on the trade - Orton has a lot more potential than Jackson - but then you have 3 QBs and you still need a premier RB. I'd do the trade and then look for someone to give you a better back in exchange for one of your QBs.

You might be able to pick up a really good back in trade for Favre.

Or just look for someone with a wealth of RBs and just offer Jackson in a straight RB trade.

Heres the situation im in...this one dude would give me Orton for Hightower. But man i gotta say Hightower has been sweet as fine wine these 2 weeks...but the main issue is Palmer, i feel hes gonna bounce back from last week after talking to some dudes that think so as well.

You guys are givin me some great thoughts here, so hard to figure which one i need to pull the trigger on and try for.

Heres the situation im in...this one dude would give me Orton for Hightower. But man i gotta say Hightower has been sweet as fine wine these 2 weeks...but the main issue is Palmer, i feel hes gonna bounce back from last week after talking to some dudes that think so as well.

You guys are givin me some great thoughts here, so hard to figure which one i need to pull the trigger on and try for.

with wells coming back i am not confident hightower will be as effective, and palmer will be money this season. he has 85, TO, Shipley, greshm and a power run game that makes the play action effective.

You know the interesting thing about this year, im scanning over teams and honestly there really is no standout team weak in one department over another. Like when it comes to trading, even the 0-2 guys have solid teams but just got he bad end of the stick from a matchup or going against someones huge week.

Can you guys toss around some other trade ideas from that list.

Btw, i also have Ricky Williams, forgot to mention but its kinda insignificant atm since Ronnie is rollin.

Ok check this out...tell me what you guys think...scanning the 0-2 guys and heres what ive got so far.

One dude has McCoy, but also has Steven Jackson and Rice, along with TO and Greg Jennings. What if i were to offer him Palmer/Colston for McCoy?

And then the other dude thats 0-2, Bjax for Orton, or i could give him hightower for Orton.

Thoughts?

Edit: Or i am pullin the cart before the horse and need to let week 3 and 4 open up, since im 2-0...should i tamper with my mojo?

Edited by Metalhead316

I still havent quite pulled the trigger...what im afraid of is losing Hightower and Wells be out a bit longer, and i think Hightower is gonna roll this week on the Raiders.

Would most of you definitly take Orton for Bjax?

I think you just gotta decide yourself and stick to it. Trades can end up good or bad but if you keep saying "what if" you end up in a state where you never do anything.

As well try not to rely too much on others answers and it'll feel much for satisfying when you take that risk yourself and it works, if it doesn't well that's the game :wacko: