[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New to FF, need Flex Advice

Kosh

This is my first year participating in fantasy football and I'm not sure whether it's best to go with a RB or WR in the flex position. I'm in a 10 man league with normal scoring and a WR/RB Flex position. My current lineup looks like this:

Starters

QB - Phillip Rivers

RB - Chris Johnson

RB - Michael Turner

WR - Calvin Johnson

WR - Greg Jennings

TE - Vernon Davis

Flex - Brandon Jackson

K - Jeff Reed

Def/ST - Miami Defense

Bench

Jay Cutler

Johnny Knox

Mike Sims-Walker

Jason Snelling

Javon Ringer

Ben Rothlisberger

I'm wondering since Green Bay is going with running back by committee, should I start Knox v. GB or Sims-Walker v. PHI over Brandon Jackson @ CHI in the Flex position?

Edited by Kosh

This is my first year participating in fantasy football and I'm not sure whether it's best to go with a RB or WR in the flex position. I'm in a 10 man league with normal scoring and a WR/RB Flex position. My current lineup looks like this:

Starters

QB - Phillip Rivers

RB - Chris Johnson

RB - Michael Turner

WR - Calvin Johnson

WR - Greg Jennings

TE - Vernon Davis

Flex - Brandon Jackson

K - Jeff Reed

Def/ST - Miami Defense

Bench

Jay Cutler

Johnny Knox

Mike Sims-Walker

Jason Snelling

Javon Ringer

Ben Rothlisberger

I'm wondering since Green Bay is going with running back by committee, should I start Knox or Sims-Walker over Brandon Jackson in the Flex position?

throw Knox in the Flex. Jackson has been uninspiring.

Starters

QB - Phillip Rivers

RB - Chris Johnson

RB - Michael Turner

WR - Calvin Johnson

WR - Greg Jennings

TE - Vernon Davis

Flex - Brandon Jackson

K - Jeff Reed

Def/ST - Miami Defense

Bench

Jay Cutler

Johnny Knox

Mike Sims-Walker

Jason Snelling

Javon Ringer

Ben Rothlisberger

I'm wondering since Green Bay is going with running back by committee, should I start Knox v. GB or Sims-Walker v. PHI over Brandon Jackson @ CHI in the Flex position?

Tough call.

Jackson seems to be splitting with Kuhn but will probably get the goal line carries. Knox hasn't had more than 4 receptions in a game yet. Sims-Wallker had a great game last week.

From a matchup pount of view:

Jackson vs the bears run defense is a bad matchup, the bears have only given up 56 yards rushing total in the first two games.

Knox is matchup against the Packers who are one of the top pass defenses in the league.

Sims-Walker is matched up against the Eagles who are among the worst in the league against the pass to this point in the season.

I think I'd go Sims-Walker over Jackson this week.