[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who do I trade to upgrade my team?

kzook76

Here is my team and the points they have scored this year. Would love to trade Cutler but everyone seems to have at least one QB they are sold on.

Rivers, Philip QB SD 101.7

Cutler, Jay QB CHI 82.2

Best, Jahvid RB DET 81.7

Nicks, Hakeem WR NYG 53.9

Hightower, Tim RB ARI 45.8

Johnson, Calvin WR DET 8.5 37.3

Jennings, Greg WR GB 35.6

Hernandez, Aaron TE NE 35.4

Moreno, Knowshon RB DEN 35.2

Knox, Johnny WR CHI 34.4

Miller, Zach TE OAK 32.6

Reed, Jeff K PIT 32.0

Jones-Drew, Maurice RB JAC 29.0

Giants DST 28.0

Cotchery, Jerricho WR NYJ 21.0

My $.02

Cutler is a solid #2 qb. Nobody will give you much for him if he is just going to fill on for bye weeks (or when he plays a bad team).

3 guys I would reccomend trading.

1 - Jahvid Best. Assuming his injury isnt serious this would be the perfect time to 'sell high.' Of course if you're in a keeper league you want to keep him at all costs.

2 - Hightower. Beanie Wells will gradually be taking a bigger role the next several weeks. Trade HIghtower while you still can (pref to an amateur who will only look at HIghtower's stats from the first couple weeks).

3 - Calvin Johnson. I've never been a big fan of Megatron but for some reason some people seem to love the guy. He has never put up stellar numbers and has always been hit-or-miss.

Good luck.

Please answer my question if you can. It's a few posts below yours involving a Rice/Keller for Mendenhall/Smith/Witten deal.

Thanks.

Here is my team and the points they have scored this year. Would love to trade Cutler but everyone seems to have at least one QB they are sold on.

Rivers, Philip QB SD 101.7

Cutler, Jay QB CHI 82.2

Best, Jahvid RB DET 81.7

Nicks, Hakeem WR NYG 53.9

Hightower, Tim RB ARI 45.8

Johnson, Calvin WR DET 8.5 37.3

Jennings, Greg WR GB 35.6

Hernandez, Aaron TE NE 35.4

Moreno, Knowshon RB DEN 35.2

Knox, Johnny WR CHI 34.4

Miller, Zach TE OAK 32.6

Reed, Jeff K PIT 32.0

Jones-Drew, Maurice RB JAC 29.0

Giants DST 28.0

Cotchery, Jerricho WR NYJ 21.0

I have MJD too and his major problem is that Gerrad sucks. most teams r puttin 8 men in the box against him and he's got no where to go.

He does play Indy this week and for some odd reason a lot of people have been running over their D.... Foster,and LT, ( Denver being the exception) I'm hoping for him to have a break out week this week but we'll have to wait and see.

If u can't get any value for Cutler keep him and use him. He is hit or miss and can be a solid option instead of Rivers (in certain matchups)

1. MJD - you could trade probably trade him for a package of a tier 2 RB, and a TE1

2. nicks/gaffney/knox- any of these three you could probably sell high on for help in another area.

3. best - another sell high, you could get more for him than any of the WR i just listed, depends on whether you think he'll keep up the sick production.

you could also package cutler with another player(s) and enhance the value from your side.

find a team that either got off to a terrible start, or that needs a RB or WR, they'll be willing to give up more if they need what you have.

1. NEVER sell low. Applies to MJD and CalvinJ. (And Best and Moreno to a lesser extent because they are injured). They will have at least one good game soon. Then you can try to deal based on their name value and recent production iif you don't think they will return to form for good.

2. Try to sell high. Players that have scored a ton of recent TDs qualify. Gauge interest in Nicks. May be too late for Hightower, but I'd look to deal him as well.

3. Hold Cutler. Someone will realize they need a QB due to poor play, injury, etc. Wait a week or two for it to happen.

4. Cut Cotchery. Take a flier on someone with some upside.

Good luck. Please see mine.