[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McFadden for Miles Austin?

injendsm

Thinking about it.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go through with this trade?

• Yes
    • No

A guy in my league has been trying to get Miles Austin from me for a couple of weeks and we've finally come to an agreement on players. His offer was Jennings & McCoy for Austin but I'm not too high on McCoy and already have two GB starters & I'm not looking for a third. Just for the hell of it, I suggested Austin for McFadden. On the one hand, I'm a little apprehensive about giving up Austin because, aside from his stinker last week, he's been pretty productive this year and will most likely be so the rest of the year. However, McFadden has been very consistent & I think he'd be solid as my RB2.

The guy who has McFadden is #1 in the league at the moment and I'm #2. While Austin will give him a minor boost in points at WR, losing McFadden should hurt him more than losing Austin will hurt me. Here are our WR's & RB's for reference:

Me

WR-Austin, Collie, Steve Smith (NYG), Floyd, Wallace, Holmes

RB-AP, Benson, Matthews, Best, Greene

Him

WR-Fitz, Jennings, Megatron, MSW, Bryant

RB-CJ, McFadden, McCoy, Forte, Spiller, Forsett

I think I'm deep enough at WR to be all right with this move. If anything, I could try and trade Best to a guy who has Moss & AJ on his team but nobody at RB. Should I go ahead and offer this trade?

Edited by injendsm

I wouldnt do this trade. McFadden has some nice games but, we dont know if he'll keep it up all year. Austin had a stinker last week but, otherwise is a monster and should continue to be all season. I trust the Cowboys offense a heck of alot more than the Raiders.

Honestly I like your team as is. I think Mathews will be better once he gets over his ankle sprian. The Chargers seem to be committed to him. I also think (pray) that Greene will eventually take over as the starter once L.T. wears down. WIth Best and Benson being your 2 and 3 your pretty solid at RB.

If you did want to make the move I could see doing Steve Smith and Greene for McFadden. It comes down to your opion on Greene. If you want to ride him out and see if he becomes the guy or if you think it will be the L.T. show all year.

I also think you are better without McFadden. You have solid starters and great depth, if you really want to trade, try and get something for Benson.

Yeah Benson might not be bad to try and trade either.

If you did want to make the move I could see doing Steve Smith and Greene for McFadden. It comes down to your opion on Greene. If you want to ride him out and see if he becomes the guy or if you think it will be the L.T. show all year.

I actually just picked up Greene because another owner dropped him. I think & hope that he'll turn things around as the season progresses. I'm starting him this week because AP is on bye, Best isn't looking like a good start (if he even plays), & Greene has a great matchup.

I also think you are better without McFadden. You have solid starters and great depth, if you really want to trade, try and get something for Benson.

I'm not dying to trade, the recent injuries have just made me question the solidity of my RB depth. Do you guys think McFadden is a better choice than Benson? McFadden has posted better, and more consistent, numbers than Benson so far but Benson was great last year and this is the first McFadden has really shined.

You must really be low on Mathews and Benson...

Not low on Benson at all. He was the best pickup I made last year and I think he's just off to a slow start this year. I am a little worried about Matthews but I was very high on him coming into the season and I think he's got a pretty favorable schedule.

Mathews played on poor game on opening night then got off to a good start in week 2 before going down with an injury that kept him out of week 3. His team is 1-2 and looking for a spark and i think Mathews is under valued at this point by many. He may very well be a high end RB2 by the end of the year I wouldnt let the very small sampling we have seen shake your confidence on him too much.

Edited by yolkix

I think I'd rather have McFadden than Benson. Nice move picking up Greene. I'm really suprised someone just out right dropped him. If Mathews is healthy which it's sounding like he is I'd consider starting him this week against a soft Arizona run defense.

Mathews played on poor game on opening night then got off to a good start in week 2 before going down with an injury that kept him out of week 3. His team is 1-2 and looking for a spark and i think Mathews is under valued at this point by many. He may very well be a high end RB2 by the end of the year I wouldnt let the very small sampling we have seen shake your confidence on him too much.

The injury's what has me worried. The weather was a big factor in his production in the first game but he wasn't terrible, considering.

I think I'd rather have McFadden than Benson. Nice move picking up Greene. I'm really suprised someone just out right dropped him. If Mathews is healthy which it's sounding like he is I'd consider starting him this week against a soft Arizona run defense.

Ok, I'll see if I can get the guy to bite on Benson and Smith for McFadden. The guy that dropped Greene has LT as well and I think he feels LT will continue his current level of play for the duration of the season and I don't buy it. The move was surprising because the owner drafted Greene as his RB2 early in the draft.

Edited by injendsm