[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Play to Win or Pick Up Waiver Players?

jco207

I'm in a 12-team PPR league. We also get performance bonuses. QB touchdowns are 6 points. Here's my dilemma. Many of my best players are either on bye or injured and unlikely to play or at least do much. Here's my lineup and my opponent's. Should I just throw this game by dropping Sanchez who I picked up off waivers earlier in the week so that I can pick up a player for future upside? I'm thinking about picking up BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Jabar Gaffney or Tony Meoaki (even though he has a bye I'm worried someone else will grab him off waivers next week). By the way, my record is 3-0 right now.

My team:

Sanchez

Arian Foster

Shonn Greene

Malcom Floyd

Johnny Knox

Demarius Thomas

Zach Miller (Oak)

Nick Folk

Eagles DST

Bench: Romo, M. Austin, A. Johnson, J. Best

My opponent:

Kyle Orton

Darren McFadden

Chris Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Chad Ochocinco

Vernon Davis

Clinton Portis

Jeff Reed

Ravens

Bench: Favre, Fred Taylor, Dez Bryant, Todd Heap

Thanks for all the advice I've gotten so far folks!

Edited by jco207

I'm in a 12-team PPR league. We also get performance bonuses. QB touchdowns are 6 points. Here's my dilemma. Many of my best players are either on bye or injured and unlikely to play or at least do much. Here's my lineup and my opponent's. Should I just throw this game by dropping Sanchez who I picked up off waivers earlier in the week so that I can pick up a player for future upside? I'm thinking about picking up BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Jabar Gaffney or Tony Meoaki (even though he has a bye I'm worried someone else will grab him off waivers next week). By the way, my record is 3-0 right now.

My team:

Sanchez

Arian Foster

Shonn Greene

Malcom Floyd

Johnny Knox

Demarius Thomas

Zach Miller (Oak)

Nick Folk

Eagles DST

Bench: Romo, M. Austin, A. Johnson, J. Best

My opponent:

Kyle Orton

Darren McFadden

Chris Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Chad Ochocinco

Vernon Davis

Clinton Portis

Jeff Reed

Ravens

Bench: Favre, Fred Taylor, Dez Bryant, Todd Heap

Thanks for all the advice I've gotten so far folks!

Sanchez has started playing pretty well - he may have some trade value for a team looking for a better QB2 in a bye week. I'd keep Sanchez, play this week to win (you may need the win down the road), and remember that other teams will need to fill in on bye weeks as well

If a guy like Hillis were (for some reason) on your WW, that would be a different story

Sanchez has started playing pretty well - he may have some trade value for a team looking for a better QB2 in a bye week. I'd keep Sanchez, play this week to win (you may need the win down the road), and remember that other teams will need to fill in on bye weeks as well

If a guy like Hillis were (for some reason) on your WW, that would be a different story

Thanks. If I guy like Hillis was available, I'd definitely pick him up.

Just curious, what do you think'll think the outlook is for Moeaki vs Zach Miller the rest of the way? His schedule looks great and he'd be done with his byes. I'm considering dropping Miller for him.