[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do I do with this WR mess?

TopGun

What do I do with this WR mess?

On one of my teams (non-ppr, 10 team, 15 player roster) I have...

1. Hakeem Nicks, 2. Steve Smith (CAR), 3. M. Clayton (STL), 4. K. Walter, 5. L. Murphy

Players I could see picking up off the WW are a) Santonio Holmes, b ) Percy Harvin, c) Lance Moore.

Matchups for this week are supposed to be good for Walter and Murphy, but those are the 2 guys I can most see dropping. I am leaning towards picking up Harvin and Holmes for those 2...and possibly Clayton for Moore (he was very productive in 2008 when Colston/Bush were out for stretches each).

This is the rest of my team for this league if that helps...

QB: Tom Brady, Eli Manning

RB: Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Peyton Hillis, Shonn Greene

TE: Dallas Clark, Dustin Keller

K: Neil Rackers

DEF: SDC

I think the rest of my team is pretty strong, but I don't feel like I have a true #1 WR with Smith's situation in CAR. I have also tried trading every week, but the offers usually just sit there unanswered...so please do not suggest trading. Also, there is not a ton of WW activity if that influences your thoughts. I just dislike this mix of inconsistent/non-productive name players (Smith...targets and situation/Harvin...injuries and poor QB play/Nicks dropping passes/possibly Holmes...who knows) and no-name players who are outproducing, but not even necessarily their own teams #1 WRs (Walter...#2/Murphy...DHB is getting a lot more targets/L. Moore...btw did Colston do something in Brees' cereal or something?).

So, what are your thoughts on these WRs...including 1.) 3 starters for this week (no flex), 2.) ranks for rest of way (guess this would be who to drop/pickup and when), and 3.) whether to shoot for "lightning in a bottle" potential (and who has it), or go more for steady but unspectacular production (and who is that)?

I could maybe see dropping Greene for someone too (WR or RB). BJGEllis, L. Blount, M. Lynch are also on WW if you could comment on that too please.

Thank you very much.

-TG

Edited by TopGun

Read the JUMbotron! Grab BJGE. Drop Louis Murphy. Get Santonio Holmes. Don't even consider Harvin or Lance Moore.

Believe in Mark Clayton.

I just read this week's JUMbotron. I didn't see anything about any of these players. Are you sure that's where you wanted to direct me?