[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is my team really worth?

notmike

I've been making moves llike crazy. I gave up C.J. Spiller, I dropped Hartley at Kicker, I made an epic mistake picking up Louis Murphy and starting him this week. I've got Big Ben holding up space, but I think he's a good QB. Ray Rice is hurting me weekly, and the only players I've had to break 20pts in a week are McCoy, McNabb, and the Steelers Defense.

Why am I 1-3... this is driving me nuts!?

Why are you 1 - 3? I'll give it a crack...

Starters

---

QB: Donovan McNabb (Only receiver he has is Moss with the occasional Cooley...their running game is weak, so defenses can key in on McNabb)

WR: Brandon Marshall (Aside from last week, he hasn't been a consistent weapon. His QB isn't the greatest and Miami is committed to the run)

WR: Larry Fitzgerald (No Kurt Warner! I made it a point to avoid Fitzgerald like the plague this year in all 4 of my drafts...I knew this was coming)

RB: Ray Rice (Loses goal-line carries to Mcgahee and has been playing like a lost puppy this year...not sure how this injury is going to be the rest of the way)

RB: LeShawn McCoy (He needs to be more consistent. He's valuable in a PPR, but just not getting it done week-in-week-out)

TE: Tony Gonzalez (Stud, but not scoring enough)

WR/RB: Louis Murphy (Oakland...nuff said)

K: Jeff Reed (Solid, but not going to win you many games with the above crew)

DEF/ST: Pittsburg (Awesome D, but again, you can't have your Defense be the consistent high scorer on your team)

BN

----

RB: Marshawn Lynch (Not even going to comment)

RB: Shonn Greene (Ladanian baby!!!!)

RB: Michael Bush (Injury and RUNDMC)

QB: Ben Roethlisberger (Suspension)

QB: Kevin Kolb (Looked horrible today...and all season for that matter)

DEF/ST: New Orleans (Issues...c'mon, only beating Carolina by 2???)

So, with that being said, you have NAME players, however, your players aren't producing. Did you do your homework before the season? Prior to the season, on paper, your team looks good. The problem is, paper doesn't mean crap. I feel your frustration bud! You've been burned by Ray Rice, Shonn Green, and Fitzgerald in my opinion.

Doing your homework really plays a role in fantasy football, but I'm sure I don't have to remind you of that. For me, I made it an all out effort to target Roddy White, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Ahmad Bradshaw in all my leagues. I managed to get Roddy in 3 of my 4, Ladanian in 1 and Ahmad in 2. Needless to say, I'm 4 and 0 in 2 leagues and 3 and 1 in my other two. I went away from conventional wisdom this year and tried to go RB, WR, WR, QB, TE, RB for strategy. Doing that landed me the following teams:

League 1 (4 and 0):

P. Rivers

A. Peterson

A. Bradshaw

R. White

M. Austin

A. Collie (not drafted)

A. Gates

Green Bay

Kicker rotates

League 2 (4 and 0):

J. Cutler

R. RIce

A. Foster

R. White

Megatron

S. Moss

D. Clark

Philly

N. Rackers

League 3 (3 and 1):

T. Brady

C. Johnson

R. Matthews

Ocho Cinco

J. Knox

M. Floyd

D. Keller/J. Witten

Jets

Kicker rotates

League 4 (3 and 1) PPR with Flex TE start:

M. Shaub

A. Bradshaw

L. Tomlinson

R. Moss

R. White

D. Clark

J. Witten

Green Bay

Kicker rotates

As you can see, my philosophy of RB, WR, WR, QB, TE, RB has seemed to pay off through week 4. It's a long season my friend, anything can change. Don't give up and keep playing your studs. For what it's worth, I just traded for Shonn Green as I believe once the Jets get a playoff berth, they'll rest Ladanian right around weeks 14 - 16. Oh yeah, right around fantasy playoff time baby!!!

Good luck the rest of the season my fellow huddler!!!