[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you try to pick up, need a few opinions please..

Metalhead316

Ok so heres the deal...i am 3-1 in a 12 man league, pretty competative and i still continue to struggle with RBs...my team is as follows:

Orton

Pierre Thomas

Tim Hightower

Calvin Johnson

Jeremy Maclin

Malcom Floyd

Antonio Gates

Mike Nugent

Indy D

Bench:

Palmer,Lance Moore, Louis Murphy, Mike Williams TB, John Kuhn, Brandon Jacobs and i just grabbed Mike Bell since McCoy may be a little dinged up.

I just cant get anything solid with RB, its ashame that Cards just cant set Beanie aside and let Tim do his thing...but regardless i just need advice on who to go after. The main issue is in my league so many guys look solid with QB or WR even with losses, so its just hard to make manuevers.

Need a few thoughts, thanks.

****meant to say who would you try to trade for****

Edited by Metalhead316

I feel you man. Not having a solid #2 is rough. Is Torain, Forsett, BJGE, L. Blount on your WW by any chance? Forsett actually has a really nice schedule vs. rush for the rest of the year. As far as trades go...that's really tough if everyone is strong besides RB.

1.) Make use of WW, be aggressive on guys getting the touches/looks. A lot of times you can package a good WW pick-up with some of your depth to upgrade at some position. A good example of this would be a Dustin Keller pick-up this year. I actually packaged him + Smith (CAR) for Miles Austin in one league (I have D. Clark too). B. Lloyd is a guy you could also have done similar with.

2.) Really look hard at what the other team needs/is weak at. If he is weak at RB...you are going to have a tough time trying to get a RB off him. Point out what the other owners fear...for example. "Matthews has a history of injuries throughout college, Tolbert is still getting the majority of carries even though Matthews is supposedly healthy, and even if Matthews starts getting more carries Tolbert is going to get the goal-line touches. I'm desperate though, so I'm willing to take that risk. You look pretty strong at RB even without Matthews, but oh look here, (insert players) can sure provide you with some depth at (insert position here). Want to help both of us out?"

3.) Try to target guys who have not produced (but ranked high). Rice is a good example here, but might be setting sights a little high...maybe Greene, Matthews, Williams? Just wait for them to have bad games and your guys to have good games.

4.) Target guys with injuries, but with a lot of upside when they get healthy (Best, Jackson, McFadden, McCoy, Thomas, etc.).

5.) Target no-name/off the radar guys. Guys like Hillis are going to be a lot easier to pull away from an owner than a big name/hyped player like Rice, even though Hillis is crushing Rice in stats atm.

Hope that helps.

Edited by TopGun

Look at free agents if avail Ryan Torain, Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis, Michael Bush... If they are not you could consider Mike Bell, because he may be the guy at Philadelphia with McCoy hurt now. Not as long term with him.

Grab Torain right away if he is available! My 2 cents.

Adam

Thanks for some replies guys, and amazingly none of those guys are on the WW...or i def would of snatched them up. Torain especially, it was amazing but the dude who got him picked him up before the game the other night....i ran to the pc to grab him when he was gettin heavy carries and he was gone.

My league is super competative so these dudes, including myself haha, are like vultures so thats what makes it tough. I was hoping Mike Bell could be a decent filler, not that i like seein any players hurt but just for this week it would be nice to see McCoy sit one out so i dont have to stress over a 2nd back this week.

Blount is actually there on the ww though.

Heres a question though that mybe could narrow things down a bit, from my list of players...who would you use for the bait? That may help me pinpoint it down a bit more.

Yea I actually got Torain on sat night and told my friend to get in his league. We were pleasantly suprised how it worked out. I have to start him next week cause of Byes. Snatch up Bell if you can... he may be a good option as McCoy is very hurt. So much the Eagles may be trying to get Marshawn Lynch. Still I would think Bell's value just went through the roof.