[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This Week's WW Move

Sirgalt

Here are the players I'm considering and why:

Carson Palmer - I don't trust Favre to turn it around and Gradkowski was only my bye week filler. Someone dropped Palmer, and it looks like he finally got on the same page with T.O., which should only help open up passes to both C. Johnson and T.O. Would you grab him based on what you see in my lineup?

Brandon Lloyd - I'm in serious WR trouble. Desean Jackson tanked last weekend, Mike Sims-Walker blows, and Louis Murphy didn't do anything. Lloyd is the best of the Denver WRs available.

Ryan Torain and/or Michael Bush - Leaning toward Torain in this one. A starting RB for a team is pretty valuable. Bush may only be a fill-in until McFadden comes back.

Who would you go with to seriously upgrade my team? I don't know if I can make the playoffs at this point, so I guess I'm playing for (mostly) pride.

Well it depends on where you feel you are the most weak. From the looks of your roster you are just fine at RB. I would think that you should target Palmer as your QB's are sketchy at best. Palmer isnt great but I do think that he is better than the "Old man" or Gradkowski.

So to be clear, my #1 move, even with my weakness at QB and WR, and with Carson Palmer available, should be to pick up Ryan Torain over all other options?

Thanks!

What are your lineup requirements? If you start up to 3 or more WRs and you only have 3, then you absolutely HAVE to pick up a WR, with bye weeks rolling around.. But if you only start 2, you might be able to get by until a better option than a DEN WR becomes available. Once Thomas and Decker emerge, there will be alot of mouths to feed in Denver, which might deem Lloyd just as inconsistent as your other options.

I think most people are recommending Torain based on him being your best prospect, not based on your biggest needs, which normally I would say is a flawed approach, unless you want to trade him to help fill your needs; But in this case he is probably the clearcut best pickup for you...

But it's still hard for me to trust a Shanahan back that IIRC wasn't even on a team at a point last year... So unless he blows up and Portis is out all year, would he even sniff your lineup with pretty decent RB depth? Maybe so, but maybe not, when you really need him.

With Gradkowski looking like a serviceable option, you almost have to just start him over Brett right now Though playing matchups with Palmer might work well too, I don't know that he's going to make a big difference for you. I wouldn't fault you for taking him, but I think that landing a potential feature back in Torain, then you could probably more easily flip a RB to a RB-needy team if he does well, and give you a better chance of improving.

Just my :wacko:. Good luck. There's still alot of football left to be played, and anything can happen.

Thanks a ton. I only start two WRs, so I can make it through my bye weeks with what I have. I just don't have any faith in Sims-Walker, and Murphy is a shaky WR2 play.

I just saw Davonne Bess is available. Maybe he would be a better pickup for down the road.

Michael Bush is available too, but I face the same problem mentioned below with Torain.

The problem is, no one in my league trades. They just sit there, so I doubt I could use Torain to get anyone better. However, it still might be worth having him sitting on my bench instead of a Hightower.

Palmer has the most upside for immediate help...maybe.

Edited by Sirgalt