[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep my Depth....

jbran23

Im 3-1 in my standard scoring non PPR Yahoo league. 14 teams and mine is definitely one of the top teams if not the best. I feel like through the draft, waiver moves, and trades I have made my team deep at both WR and RB. Do you think my team is good enough to win it all as is and I should just stand pat, or should I use some of my depth to swing a trade for another stud? I would more than likely target another WR to go along side Roddy. team is in my sig. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 Flex.

depends on who it is and what you are giving up...any ideas? I believe the depth is good for 14 team league...actually real good. RB is stronger top to bottom, but I agree WR is best at top, but dilutes a bits at the bottom with some potential upside.

What about a Marion Barber or Ryan Torain and Steve Smith package for Brandon Marshall? I would like to try to move Steve Smith in any deal that I make because of the question marks with him going forward.

What about a Marion Barber or Ryan Torain and Steve Smith package for Brandon Marshall? I would like to try to move Steve Smith in any deal that I make because of the question marks with him going forward.

Barber no...Torain maybe, but be honest...he was waiver fodder until two weeks ago and most knowledgable players know that. I think you are going to have to trade Best or Rice with like Smith or sell them on Tate's upside in the NE offensive system to get a Marshall or the likes. Personally, I would stand PAT as you will be asked to give up a starter for one of those guys. If you are giving up a starter I would go after these guys...

Austin

AJ (sell the injury)

Wayne

I would give Rice/Best and Smith up as an offer for one of them. Torain and Barber have more value to you as depth than they do to the other trading party. May want to consider trading Rice down for RB's with alot of upside like Matthews and Charles who can be had cheaper today, but increase in value with the season and get another starting WR and then go after the big boy. That is personally what I would do. Rice's name carries clout today, but little production 4 weeks into the season. Peyton Hillis is a perfect example of top production out of someone noone perceives as a starter. He is the type of player FF championships are won off of.

Edited by The Ball Basher

I just traded for Rice a few weeks ago. LOL! Got a pretty good steal for him too. Got rid of Portis before he lost his starting job and sold high on Hakeem Nicks after his hot start.

Im probably leaning towards standing pat as you suggest but still kicking the idea around because I would love to have another beast WR. I was leaning on Smith to be my #2 after I traded Nicks but his value has plummeted in the last 2 weeks. Tate and a healthy Garcon could be candidates going forward depending on how things work out in the next couple weeks.

Edited by jbran23

The only way I would sacrifice depth is to get Miles Austin. The Austin/Romo combination is so consistent that it would make sense to double dip in this case. In which case, I would give up Barber before Torain, and Williams before Garcon/Tate. The writing is on the wall that Barber is going to lose touches to Felix Jones moving forward, so you may want to get rid of him while you can (Choice may be a good waiver wire pickup). And I would always keep receivers who have good QBs over (perhaps) more talented receivers with poorer QBs (e.g. Williams).

Honestly, you might want to keep your roster as is for now. You're winning and it's a long season. IMHO, you have some durability issues at RB/Flex, so it's probably wiser not to sacrifice depth in this instance. Rice has been injured. Best has been injured. Gore is prone to injuries. Plan for 1 or 2 of them to miss some time.

The only way I would sacrifice depth is to get Miles Austin. The Austin/Romo combination is so consistent that it would make sense to double dip in this case. In which case, I would give up Barber before Torain, and Williams before Garcon/Tate. The writing is on the wall that Barber is going to lose touches to Felix Jones moving forward, so you may want to get rid of him while you can (Choice may be a good waiver wire pickup). And I would always keep receivers who have good QBs over (perhaps) more talented receivers with poorer QBs (e.g. Williams).

Honestly, you might want to keep your roster as is for now. You're winning and it's a long season. IMHO, you have some durability issues at RB/Flex, so it's probably wiser not to sacrifice depth in this instance. Rice has been injured. Best has been injured. Gore is prone to injuries. Plan for 1 or 2 of them to miss some time.

Yeah, you definitely have a point with my durability issues at RB. It would probably be in my best interest to stay as is for now and hold onto that depth because I may need it down the road. Depending on how Brandon Tate and Steve Smith turn out I might not even need to make a move for another wide out.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Would it be worth it for me to maybe give up Jahvid Best and Steve Smith to land Miles Austin?

Before:

WR#1-Roddy White

WR#2-Dwayne Bowe/Steve Smith

RB#1-Gore

RB#2-Best

Flex-Rice

After:

WR#1-White

WR#2-Austin

RB#1-Gore

RB#2-Ray Rice

Flex-Torain/Barber

Yeah, you definitely have a point with my durability issues at RB. It would probably be in my best interest to stay as is for now and hold onto that depth because I may need it down the road. Depending on how Brandon Tate and Steve Smith turn out I might not even need to make a move for another wide out.

Use Garcon (hopefully plays, practiced today I think) to get through the bye week then use Tate/Garcon depending on the match up the rest of the season. Then maybe try and dump Smith on someone once he returns or keep an eye on the waiver wire for a sleeper. I've always had bad luck with Smith.

Edited by Bradlow