[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to trade for Neckbeard?

Pistolkid

What do you guys think of this trade?

I give:

Steve Smith (NYG)

Kenny Britt

I get:

Kyle Orton

Benjarvis Green-Ellis

My current team is:

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Frank Gore

RB/WR: Ryan Torain

WR: Steve Smith

WR: Kenny Britt

TE: Vernon Davis

K: Neil Rackers

DST: Colts

RS: Vince Young

RS: LaGarret Blount

RS: Cadillac Williams

RS: Donald Brown

RS: Ricky Williams

RS: Eddie Royal

RS: Steve Breaston

His team:

QB Tony Romo

RB Arian Foster

RB/WR Shonn Greene

WR Terrell Owens

WR Mike Wallace

TE: Kellen Winslow

K: Stephen Gostkowski

DST: Eagles

RS: Kyle Orton

RS: BenJarvus Green-Ellis

RS: Leon Washington

RS: Laurent Robinson

RS: Rob Gronkowski

RS: Jay Feely

RS: Michael Jenkins

Quick one liners about the trade

- Non PPR league

- Very deep league (16 people)

- Very difficult to find waiver gems

- QB's get 6 points for a TD throw

- 2 point Bonus awarded for throwing over 300 yards

- 2 point Bonus awarded for running over 150

- 2 point Bonus awarded for receivers going over 150

- My record is 2-3

- I want to shake my team up with an elite option, I feel Orton will bring that at the QB position

- Steve Smith has been slacking this year and he only gets his good numbers at the end of the 4th quarter

- It screws my WR situation bigtime, but it is possible I can deal a RB later

- The trade would not go through until next week

I am really tempted to take this trade, my receivers are so inconsistent already, that I honestly could care less who I start there. I figure I might be able to deal Ryan or package Cadillac and Blount in a deal for a decent WR. I can even offer Green-Ellis in a good trade offer. The waiver wire is extremely thin though, I would have to take a chance on someone like Golden Tate. Would this trade hurt me more than it would help me? Or should I counter with something else? Is it best to wait a week and see how they all play and then offer it again? I do not know for sure he will still take the deal. I know he really thinks Orton is gonna fall in production and is a fluke, but I don't think so. I think he is pro-bowl material this year.

Edited by Pistolkid

Outside of the trade leaving you woefully thin at WR, it would be in your favor by a landslide. Breaston(once healthy) and Royal should be almost as good as the Smith/Britt combination you're trading away, especially teaming Royal with Orton. Green-Ellis is better(currently) than any one of the several mediocre backs on your roster. You'll have to package Ryan or Green-Ellis for more WR depth, as I don't think the Williams/Blount combination has much worth, even in a 16 team league. Tampa's running game is that awful. I'd do it, but it'd leave me worried about the WRs until I could work out another trade for some WR depth. Also keep in mind that the Broncos still have their bye week coming up in week 9.

Edited by Tripleshot