[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones for Shonn Greene

whitehype

TJ is bound to have a decline in numbers again this year, as last year with the Jets, and Shonn Greene is more than likely going to see an increase as the regular season comes to an end. The Jets know they'll need both LT and Greene for the playoffs, and Greene definitely got into a groove late in the season last year.

Trade TJ as his highest value, before it starts to fall.

Hmmm... this is an odd trade. Something about it just throws flags up everywhere. Greene could be good later down the road, especially if LT gets injured, but Jones is playing pretty good in KC. I mean, it's a pretty fair trade but I'm sure he invested a high pick with Greene which is a little suspicious for him to swap out like that. Maybe he watched Jones play and liked what he saw or believes he has better matchups down the road (Jones practically can get 100 yards in each of the games up to week 16 when they play the Titans. Other than that, the Chiefs have the Raiders, Broncos twice, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Buffalo and Arizona within the next couple of weeks to name a few (might be good for a push to make playoffs). If you can handle the bye that Greene has yet to be on, and you think he will have a really good finish, then pull the trigger. If you are unsure, or you think you might need Jones for the fact that he was already on his bye and his matchups, then keep him.

If you think about both of these RB's situations on their teams for a second, you will see that Greene has a higher upside. Jamal Charles is KC's younger RB of the future as is Shonne Greene to the Jets. Right now Jamal Charles and LT are doing well with their styles of running being similar. TJ and Greene are both North South, bruiser type RB's. I think it makes more sense to get Greene because LT will fizzle out a lot sooner than a young stud like Charles. Eventually TJ will start to show his age. Shonn Greene in my "homer" opinion has been looking more comfortable and confident every week. His time to break out coming soon, IMO.