[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Gonzalez for Shonn Greene, yes/no?

Eagles28

I've been offered Shonn Greene for Gonzo, my other TE is Witten who has already had his bye. Gonzo has had 2 great weeks but has been down outside of that. Obviously Witten has been down too, but he is getting more looks.

My current RBs are AP, Rice, Benson, Forte, Starks (we start 3 RB, 2 WR, 1TE and 1 WR/TE flex). Everyone is down on Greene but I think he has some upside. This trade would limit me if Witten does not do better or gets hurt. If you have any thoughts, please let me know.

Roster

QB- Schaub/Hasselbeck

RB- AP, Rice, Benson, Forte, Starks

WR- Welker, Harvin, Maclin, Crabtree, Garcon

TE- Witten, Gonzalez

I've been offered Shonn Greene for Gonzo, my other TE is Witten who has already had his bye. Gonzo has had 2 great weeks but has been down outside of that. Obviously Witten has been down too, but he is getting more looks.

My current RBs are AP, Rice, Benson, Forte, Starks (we start 3 RB, 2 WR, 1TE and 1 WR/TE flex). Everyone is down on Greene but I think he has some upside. This trade would limit me if Witten does not do better or gets hurt. If you have any thoughts, please let me know.

Roster

QB- Schaub/Hasselbeck

RB- AP, Rice, Benson, Forte, Starks

WR- Welker, Harvin, Maclin, Crabtree, Garcon

TE- Witten, Gonzalez

On one hand, there's the feeling that LT's going to break down eventually, and of course Greene will have to take over when it counts during the playoffs, and Witten consistently gets touches. On the other hand, while Gonzalez's catches are inconsistent, he has been a red zone target. That will not change. Witten, on the other hand, has not. I don't think that his situation will change dramatically in the near future. My guess is that Greene's been on your bench, and that Witten should be. I'd go with the trade, considering you have some good running backs. But you know better how your league works and whether options are available on the waiver wire.

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like you may have thought I have Greene and Witten and was offering Greene for Gonzalez since he is a red zone target, and then could put Witten on my bench. Actually it's reversed, I have Gonzo and Witten. So you think I should stand pat then? Thanks

Absolutely not! Tony Gonzalez is way too talented to be traded for Greene or Benched. He had a slow start, but Gonzo has begun put up a quick 7-8pts each game. Meanwhile, Shonn Greene had 1 good week and numerous shameful performances. If LT goes down, Greene will be the man, but let's think of when the last time LT went down was... really?

Absolutely not! Tony Gonzalez is way too talented to be traded for Greene or Benched. He had a slow start, but Gonzo has begun put up a quick 7-8pts each game. Meanwhile, Shonn Greene had 1 good week and numerous shameful performances. If LT goes down, Greene will be the man, but let's think of when the last time LT went down was... really?

Thanks for the reply. Do you think it is worth it to counter Witten for Greene, or being that Gonzo still has a bye upcoming, perhaps just decline it outright? I've never been a fan of keeping two TEs but maybe with these two guys it might not be a bad idea.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think it is worth it to counter Witten for Greene, or being that Gonzo still has a bye upcoming, perhaps just decline it outright? I've never been a fan of keeping two TEs but maybe with these two guys it might not be a bad idea.

Its hard to say. Witten for Greene I still think you would be losing more. But, if you think LT is going down and you have faith in Greene pull the trigger. I think you could do better than Greene personally. Then again I don't know your scoring or team. Hope it helps!