[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Four WR studs, RB injuries: trade or sit

historymike

PPR league, one flex, mostly standard ESPN scoring.

I have four WRs of ther leagues top 14 WRs right now:

Reggie Wayne

Hakeem Nicks

Jeremy Maclin

Santana Moss

My RBs are my weak point, aside from LeSean McCoy. I have Pierre Thomas nursing an injury and I lost Ryan Grant on the IR. I have DeAngelo Williams underperforming all season, but he's better than nothing, and I just picked up Danny Woodhead and Darren Sproles to give me some bye week filler or some depth at RB

My question is this: do I try to trade a stud like Wayne for a top-10 RB to a team with WR issues, or do I just gut it out and wait for Pierre Thomas to get healthy? My team is 3-3 in a very competitive bigger money league ($600 to the league Super Bowl champ), and right now the league is mostly bunched in the middle (all teams between 2-4 and 4-2 with the exception of a 6-0 team that has been freakishly lucky with points against, but he will soon be due to lose a few, since his entire team is quite weak beyond Philip Rivers and Arian Foster).

If I stay pat, I have four studly WRs to ride out the year, barring injuries, and assuming Pierre Thomas returns to form, I could finish quite strong with McCoy and Thomas, the four studly WRs, and Aaron Rodgers (I have Jason Witten as TE). Or should I get aggressive and trade WR depth for a tier two starting RB, like an LT, Rashard Mendenhall, or Ahmad Bradshaw?

Thanks for your input, and though I am new to these boards, I will reciprocate with any wisdom I can impart.

PPR league, one flex, mostly standard ESPN scoring.

I have four WRs of ther leagues top 14 WRs right now:

Reggie Wayne

Hakeem Nicks

Jeremy Maclin

Santana Moss

My RBs are my weak point, aside from LeSean McCoy. I have Pierre Thomas nursing an injury and I lost Ryan Grant on the IR. I have DeAngelo Williams underperforming all season, but he's better than nothing, and I just picked up Danny Woodhead and Darren Sproles to give me some bye week filler or some depth at RB

My question is this: do I try to trade a stud like Wayne for a top-10 RB to a team with WR issues, or do I just gut it out and wait for Pierre Thomas to get healthy? My team is 3-3 in a very competitive bigger money league ($600 to the league Super Bowl champ), and right now the league is mostly bunched in the middle (all teams between 2-4 and 4-2 with the exception of a 6-0 team that has been freakishly lucky with points against, but he will soon be due to lose a few, since his entire team is quite weak beyond Philip Rivers and Arian Foster).

If I stay pat, I have four studly WRs to ride out the year, barring injuries, and assuming Pierre Thomas returns to form, I could finish quite strong with McCoy and Thomas, the four studly WRs, and Aaron Rodgers (I have Jason Witten as TE). Or should I get aggressive and trade WR depth for a tier two starting RB, like an LT, Rashard Mendenhall, or Ahmad Bradshaw?

Thanks for your input, and though I am new to these boards, I will reciprocate with any wisdom I can impart.

Bump - little help anyone?

Even starting a WR at flex, you've got one extra WR sitting on the bench doing nothing for you other than giving you the luxury of playing the better matchup each week. Waiting for Pierre Thomas to get healthy is like waiting for a risky stock market investment to hit big. I'd definitely be looking to trade a WR for a starting calibur RB if I were you. Which one depends on the other teams in your league and how much you'd have to give up. Target one of the Rbs you listed, but don't offer Wayne. Moss isn't like enough to get one of them either, unless you packaged him with DWilliams(and maybe not even then). So it'll likely cost you Nicks or Maclin, which I still think is a fair and good trade for you. Keep in mind that in week 8 you have Nicks, Maclin and McCoy on their bye week, so make sure you have fillins for them if you make a trade before then.

Edited by Tripleshot