[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice for a Bye week Desperate Guy

jedicosmonaut

I have been offered Thomas Jones and Santanna Moss for Peyton Hillis and Chris Cooley. Thoughts? I dont really need Moss and i like Hillis, but the week 8 Bye is killing me. I lose Hakeem Nicks and Roddy White. I also lose Hillis, Bradshaw, and Michael Turner. I am left with Lynch and Garcon and a bunch of waiver wire duds like Keiland Williams and Lee Evans. I know not to make a trade just for one week. But I cant afford to lose and lose badly.

I have been offered Thomas Jones and Santanna Moss for Peyton Hillis and Chris Cooley. Thoughts? I dont really need Moss and i like Hillis, but the week 8 Bye is killing me. I lose Hakeem Nicks and Roddy White. I also lose Hillis, Bradshaw, and Michael Turner. I am left with Lynch and Garcon and a bunch of waiver wire duds like Keiland Williams and Lee Evans. I know not to make a trade just for one week. But I cant afford to lose and lose badly.

That does not look like a very good trade, especially if Santa does nothing for you, but let me ask you this:

If you make the trade, is that enough to put you over the edge in your matchup, or does the other guy have a complete enough team going to where you're likely to lose anyway...

If this is the absolute best trade that you can do, and you really feel that it will give you enough to win this week (since you've said you need a win badly), then maybe you do it... But if you're going to trade just to likely lose anyway, then I'd just suck it up, take the loss, and likely be in better shape than your opponents for the remaining bye weeks.

Although you say you cannot afford a loss, you have to evaluate if the game is even winnable, before you decide to trade key players to get it done.