[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Target a top tier RB?

My team is below. Do I need to target a top tier RB? If so, who do I offer? One guy has AP, , one guy has Mendnhall, one guy has Gore, McCoy, & Foster, another guy has CJ. I'd rather not target CJ since he is in my division, but if its my best chance at buying low, I will consider it. I started 0-5 but have since got 2 wins and now sitting 2-5. I feel like I can make a run at the playoffs since I play everyone above me in my division again. I feel like I can play matchups and do fine, but one of the above backs would really make me feel better as far as consistency. What would you do? I can list the other teams full rosters if needed.

Edited by chrisarmstrong07

Team 1 (5-2)

Palmer, Cutler

CJ, Addai, Wells, McFadden

Jennings, Colston, Lloyd, Crabtree, D. Thomas

Shockey, Watson

Team 2 (3-4)

Rodgers, Ryan

Mendenhall, Mathews, Snelling, Harrison

Welker, MSW, Bowe, Collie, Jacoby Jones

Cooley, Miller

Team 3 (1-6)

Kolb, Henne

AP, Barber, D. Williams, P. Thomas, Stewart, Brown

Fitz, Maclin, Moore, D. Jackson

Winslow, Pettigrew

Team 4 (6-1)

Manning, Bradford

Gore, McCoy, Foster, Brown

Ocho, M. Thomas(JAC), M. Williams(SEA), Wayne, Garcon, Holmes, V. Jackson

V. Davis, Finley

Edited by chrisarmstrong07

Yes, I think you've got the ammo, and could use a RB upgrade (assuming Rice continues to be a bust like he's looking like right now, with McGahee now splitting touches, in addition to the goal-line work).

But unless you can find someone who is really high on Rice, then I'd probably try to package one of your other RBs, along with a WR (which you seem to have enough depth to be able to let go of one) for a RB upgrade.

Now as for which is the best trading partner and what they will take, I can't tell you that. Only your trading partners can tell you what it will take, so I'd field offers to any team that has a stud RB that they might let go, and would especially target a team that needs WR help that you can provide.

Successful trades involve improving both teams, but what it will take for that other owner to feel he's improved his team, I really can't say, other than don't offer more than you're willing to give up, but don't insult them either. Just find the right fit.

Team 1 (5-2)

Palmer, Cutler

CJ, Addai, Wells, McFadden

Jennings, Colston, Lloyd, Crabtree, D. Thomas

Shockey, Watson

Team 2 (3-4)

Rodgers, Ryan

Mendenhall, Mathews, Snelling, Harrison

Welker, MSW, Bowe, Collie, Jacoby Jones

Cooley, Miller

Team 3 (1-6)

Kolb, Henne

AP, Barber, D. Williams, P. Thomas, Stewart, Brown

Fitz, Maclin, Moore, D. Jackson

Winslow, Pettigrew

Team 4 (6-1)

Manning, Bradford

Gore, McCoy, Foster, Brown

Ocho, M. Thomas(JAC), M. Williams(SEA), Wayne, Garcon, Holmes, V. Jackson

V. Davis, Finley

Out of these, I would say that team 4 is your most likely trading partner. He could certainly use a WR upgrade, and has enough RB depth to take a downgrade there.

Team 1 could afford to let go of a RB for an upgrade, but looks fine at WR.

Team 2 could use a WR upgrade, but you'd have to work out a deal with a good RB in return for him to even consider with his shallow RB depth.

Team 3 could use WR depth, but it'd take alot for him to let go of AP. If you think buying low on DWill would work, but I'm not so sure that Carolina can get it together enough to score consistent points for their RBs to have any sort of real value.

All of them seem possible, and who knows, anyone of them could give the best deal, but team 4 seems like the most ideal trading partner.