[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Add/Drop Help

SatchDork

My MML is an auction league with minimal in-season moves. In fact, we have no trades and are only allowed to make roster moves (add/drops, waiver wire, whatever you want to call it) between Weeks 4 and 5 and Weeks 8 and 9. So, on Wednesday night, all of our rosters will be set for the rest of the season. Here is my team, which currently sits at 4-4 and one game out of the division lead:

QBs: Favre, Stafford, Hill

RBs: Foster, McFadden, Forte, Addai, Lynch

WRs: Jennings, Welker, Ochocinco, Moeaki, Naanee, Clayton

*WRs/TEs are interchangeable

Ks: Bryant, Nugent

Ds: NE, ATL

Legal line-ups are either 1/2/3/1/1 or 1/1/4/1/1. Obviously, my major issue is at WR. I will be dropping Clayton (IR), Naanee (hasn't played in about 4 weeks), and Moeaki (couldn't get it done against Buffalo) and am looking to add as much talent as possible at WR/TE (there isn't much available out there). Steve Johnson is still out there, but will be gone before I pick (7th out of 12). Amendola might be the best available WR/TE still left when I pick. What I am looking for is any advice beyond that first pick? Anybody got any super-sleeper WR/TEs I should be taking a look at?

Second question: Should I even keep Brett Favre at this point? I could drop him and either run with whoever is starting for the Lions the rest of the way while adding another option at WR -OR- pick up another option at QB (Fitzpatrick, Kitna, Hasselbeck, and a couple others are still available). Or I could just stick with the Ol' Gunslinger.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated as, like I said, this is my last chance to make roster adjustments. Put a link in your comment and I'll be more than happy to chip in my 2 cents regarding your own question. Thanks in advance.

wait until the last minute until the moss deal goes down. What i mean is if he goes to the rams, i say pick up amendola, cause welker was getting moster points when moss was on his team. Or even bradford for favre. I swear favre is junk now since moss is gone as well. If moss ends up with the cowboys, id probably pick up kitna, with all the weapons the guy has. And as a first game in my league he did well enough for his starting game in ages, which is a great sign. Just my .02 cents.

Wow, tough spot for pickups.

It's hard to tell of course without seeing the WW. Sims-Walker?, B. Tate?, B. LaFell?, Heyward Bay?, Finnernan?, James Jones?

I would replace Favre with Fitz, I think you may have more in the long run with Fitz.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=339383

Yeah, I didn't want to post the whole WW list since it's so long. MSW is already on a team and Jones got picked up at the Week 4-5 session. Tate, LaFell, DHB, and Finneran are all out there (as are Indy's Tamme, Gonzalez, and White). The top available WR/TEs in terms of per week average are: St. Johnson, Marcedes, Manningham, Washington, Danario, Amendola, Heap, Shipley, Watson, Gettis, Tate, Mike Thomas, Branch, Gresham, and Shockey/Meachem. Like I said, the latest crop of Indianapolis fantasy stars are also out there (Tamme, Gonzalez, White).

On the Finneran tip: Is he the guy to grab or would it be Jenkins?

As for QBs, I wouldn't mind grabbing Fitz, but he'll probably be gone by my first pick (let alone my second), so my options would be more along the lines of Hasselbeck, Kitna, or grabbing Tarvaris.

One guy I was thinking about as a later-round pick-up: Kellen Winslow. Any opinions on his "rest of the way" potential?

Also I should mention that I can pick up anyone that I or anyone else dropped, so I could just add Moeaki back into the fold. I just need some legitimate options beyond Jennings, Welker, and Ocho.

i dont think there are any guys you mentioned in your list that are available in my league....i think there are a few serviceable guys out there for you at wr/te

if you dont need to use a TE then i wouldnt pick one up from the list provided below...maybe a tamme he looks like a legit option to score each week

i think manningham is a solid pickup, if britt is out for a few games nate washington could work.....and i personally have been waiting for mike thomas to over take that #1 role in jax......if i had to grab some1 thats who id go for in that order

i dont think there are any guys you mentioned in your list that are available in my league....i think there are a few serviceable guys out there for you at wr/te

if you dont need to use a TE then i wouldnt pick one up from the list provided below...maybe a tamme he looks like a legit option to score each week

i think manningham is a solid pickup, if britt is out for a few games nate washington could work.....and i personally have been waiting for mike thomas to over take that #1 role in jax......if i had to grab some1 thats who id go for in that order

I'm not surprised. Keep in mind that my league only allows roster moves at two times during the season: between Weeks 4 and 5 and then this week. For instance, Steve Johnson had just had his first big breakout game in Week 4, so wasn't really on the radar in this league largely because guys like Austin Collie, Dustin Keller, Brandon Lloyd, and Mark Clayton had out-produced him through the first four weeks. These guys, who were all snapped up the first week or two in "normal" leagues, were still sitting there in ours.

So, I guess what I'm looking for in the "next" Steve Johnson; a guy who has maybe only been moderately productive so far, but is likely to be very productive in the second half of the NFL season. Of course, I can look at the list of high-scoring free agents through Week 8, but I might overlook the best/right choice (like taking Mark Clayton over Steve Johnson at the last add/drop session - maybe a bad example since there was no way to know he'd blow out a knee the week after I picked him up, but you take my point). Now, hopefully, one of the clearly productive guys (like Amendola) falls to me at the 7th pick in the first round, but I'll have two more picks after that. Those are the picks were I'm hoping to find a second-half super-sleeper at WR/TE.

Then, of course, there's the whole QB question. Really have no idea what to do there. I figure Fitzpatrick goes pretty early, so I'd be replacing Favre with the Hasselbeck-type. Is that even worth it? Either way, I'm probably just starting Stafford the rest of the way.

As far as the QB, I might drop Farve as long as your comfortable with startig Stafford the rest of the way. I think Stafford is a pretty good QB, he looked great last week.

The WR thing is tough. I don't know of any sleepers that may be out there. I think Winslow may start to be more of a factor with Blount coming into his own and Mike Williams. But, watching to see what others drop for you to pick up would definitely be a good idea.

This one is tough.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=339515

Okay, it's looking like I might have a shot at Fitzpatrick, given who is confirmed to participate at this point. Johnson will definitely be gone. I don't think I will drop Favre at this point. I am already dropping Clayton, Naanee, and Moeaki, so I can roll 4 QBs, then add 2 WR/TEs with my later picks.

Kevin Walter is being dropped. Where would you rank him with the guys I listed above?