[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Give up on brady/welker?

thre3kgt

As all of you know Moss has left the Pats, and Tom Brady's fantasy numbers have diminished as well as Welkers. Was thinking about offering a trade for those 2 guys for a big QB like Rivers, or Kyle Orton. They both have the most fantasy points in my league this year. The rest of my team is like this...

QB: Brady

RB: Rice, Bradshaw, McFadden, Blount, Tolbert

WR: Wayne, Nicks, Welker, Garcon

TE: Marcedes Lewis, Tony Gonzalez

D/ST: Giants, Cardinals

K: Janikowski

Its a league on ESPN, allows 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex. So the basic question is, does anyone have faith that Brady/Welker will come back strong in the second half???

I think that would be too much for one of those QBs. I'd hang on to Brady but would definitely look to move Welker. He hasn't done much since Moss left. He's also only 8 1/2 months off an ACL surgery so his knee may not be at 100% weekly(this coming from someone who's going in for a 2nd ACL reconstruction next month).

Is anyone in your league desperate for a TE? Maybe try and package Welker with one of your TEs for a solid WR OR Welker and one of your solid RBs for a great WR.

While Orton has put up some huge numbers, I would be skeptical in trading for a QB on a team sinking fast. Losing teams do unpredictable things, like shuffling QBs to try out rookies like Tebow. Also, what is your record? Your team looks very strong at RB and WR, and Brady is not exactly a dud: he is the #6 QB in my (mostly) standard Yahoo league, and he is #5 in my QB-friendly custom score ESPN league. Off the top of my head, I have to believe you must be at least 5-3 with the team you have, and the talent depth you have at WR and RB should carry you through even the worst run of injuries as playoffs loom ahead.

If I had your team, I would rev it up and march along as it is, though I would probably dump one TE and add a fifth WR, and I would also drop a defense and run with one the rest of the way (I assume you picked up the Cardinals because of the Giants and their bye).

Can't say I feel good about Welker turning it on strong, but Brady will most likely produce regardless. I'm almost willing to say Brady/Welker for Rivers wouldn't be too awful though, really. I think with your league set-up you're not looking to start Welker under most any conditions the rest of the way with your available cast. McFadden/Blount/Garcon in that flex spot sounds excellent.

I wouldn't consider Orton though.