[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 9 Lineup Advice

drewbar

I'm finalizing my lineup for this week. Here's how I have it now:

QB - A. Rodgers

RB - A. Foster

RB - B. Green-Ellis

WR - T.O.

WR - M. Colston

RB/WR - S. Johnson

TE - T. Gonzalez

K - S. Janikowski

D/ST - Minnesota

BN C. Benson (hasn't been producing, tough matchup)

BN R. Torain (BYE)

BN D. Driver (injured, not playing)

BN B. Edwards (run-first team, poor QB play)

BN A. Collie (questionable, wait-and-see for production)

BN J. Tamme (I'd like to see his production a second week)

I put my reasoning for the player being benched and not in the starting lineup next to their name. The only real debates for me are Tamme possibly replace Gonzo @ TE but he has a favorable matchup against Tampa Bay. Tamme has a favorable matchup as well, though, and he has Peyton Manning throwing him the ball in a TE-centric offense. I could also possibly play Benson or Collie in the flex, but I'm riding Steve Johnson's hot streak right now, and I doubt Benson does much being in a slump and going up against the best run defense in the league. Thoughts?

I'm finalizing my lineup for this week. Here's how I have it now:

QB - A. Rodgers

RB - A. Foster

RB - B. Green-Ellis

WR - T.O.

WR - M. Colston

RB/WR - S. Johnson

TE - T. Gonzalez

K - S. Janikowski

D/ST - Minnesota

BN C. Benson (hasn't been producing, tough matchup)

BN R. Torain (BYE)

BN D. Driver (injured, not playing)

BN B. Edwards (run-first team, poor QB play)

BN A. Collie (questionable, wait-and-see for production)

BN J. Tamme (I'd like to see his production a second week)

I put my reasoning for the player being benched and not in the starting lineup next to their name. The only real debates for me are Tamme possibly replace Gonzo @ TE but he has a favorable matchup against Tampa Bay. Tamme has a favorable matchup as well, though, and he has Peyton Manning throwing him the ball in a TE-centric offense. I could also possibly play Benson or Collie in the flex, but I'm riding Steve Johnson's hot streak right now, and I doubt Benson does much being in a slump and going up against the best run defense in the league. Thoughts?

I agree with most of your reasoning, though I have a slight interest in replacing Colston with Edwards. I just do not trust any NO receivers right now, and it is almost like Payton is deliberately targeting more passes to the WR with the lowest FF start percentage: just when you think a Meachem, Colston, or Moore is irrelevant, BAM! They go off for two scores and a 100 yards. Then you start said WR the next week and they catch three balls for 30 yards.

I would holler "conspiracy," but the voices in my head are quiet thanks to Thorazine.

:wacko:

One should always be hesitant about the NO WRs, but Colston has seen a large number of targets the past 3-4 weeks, scored the past 2 weeks, and is looking like the clear #1 for Brees (as clear as one can look in that offense). Carolina has the 4th-ranked passing defense, so it won't be easy, but his upside is way better than Edwards. The Jets are a run-first team, and they'll pound the ball against Detroit. Sanchez is looking more towards Holmes downfield than Edwards. I don't trust either of them as "safe-plays", but I think Colston is the better play with the higher upside.