[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft order 2 of 16 in snake has me worried at RBs

helmeto

Hey all! My draft is next Monday and I am trying to figure out how to draft 2 solid dependable RBs. This is a challenge as I am in a 16 team league and have been given the #2 overall pick in a snake style re-draft. This is actually horrible because I get the following picks:2,31,34,63,66,95,98,127,130,159,162,191,194 and 223. I can obviously get a Foster or Lynch as a RB1 but by the time pick 31 rolls around, it seems all the other RBs have question marks. Does anyone have any advice on which strategy I should use here? I am a bit lost right now...Thanks!

Edited by helmeto

Can you trade picks? If you can Trade the #2 overall pick for say #7. Then you will also get his 2nd round pick as he takes your 2nd round pick. This is one possibilty. Otherwise, Pick Foster with the #2 and get a guy like Miller as your RB2. Not saying he will be there, but there is a chance unless everyone goes RB RB to start.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys! Unfortunately, We cannot trade picks and it is a non ppr H2H league with 16 teams. We use the following roster layout.

TQB

RB

RB

WR

WR

TE

FLEX

D/ST

K

Bench

Bench

Bench

Bench

Bench

Having said that, I am leaning towards a WR like Cruz or Welker. I also considered someone like David Wilson, Darren McFadden or Montee Ball for a RB2 but I think those would force me to get a handcuff which I'd have to waste another precious pick probably earlier than I want to be safe...I initially thought about using my first 3 picks like this. 2) Arian Foster. 31) Victor Cruz. 34) Montee Ball. This COULD work but Ball is questionable...which would force me to pick up Ronnie Hillman probably as the 98th overall. I could wait til the 127th but I don't think he would be there by then. What do you think? Too much investment?

TMQB devalues the QBs a bit which is shame because the 3rd round might have been a prime spot for that. No PPR takes some of the luster of Welker who between 3rd fiddle in Denver and no PPR would not be on top of my list at WR.

I'd be hoping - Vincent Jackson, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, and then maybe a Cruz/Colston type fell to me.

Having to start two RBs I definitely see the urgency in getting a second one - no matter who it is they are going to have ?s. Maybe you get lucky and a Frank Gore, Lamar Miller, or LeVeon Bell is there - and I'd take anyone of them ahead of Ball, McFadden, or Wilson (who each have more question marks around them).

• Like 1

TMQB devalues the QBs a bit which is shame because the 3rd round might have been a prime spot for that. No PPR takes some of the luster of Welker who between 3rd fiddle in Denver and no PPR would not be on top of my list at WR.

I'd be hoping - Vincent Jackson, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, and then maybe a Cruz/Colston type fell to me.

Having to start two RBs I definitely see the urgency in getting a second one - no matter who it is they are going to have ?s. Maybe you get lucky and a Frank Gore, Lamar Miller, or LeVeon Bell is there - and I'd take anyone of them ahead of Ball, McFadden, or Wilson (who each have more question marks around them).

You make good points. Thanks for your insight!

Edited by helmeto

I wouldn't be too worried, I'm sure with your 2nd pick you can grab a RB 2, say someone like Miller or Wilson? They should be there, I'm sure everyone wont go RB with their first 2 picks.

I would go RB/RB/WR with your first 3 picks and then prob grab a QB in 4th/5th depending who is avail and a WR. after that just go RB and WR till the end. Honestly i wouldn't even draft a K or DEF, wait till the seasons starts and pick one up.

good luck.

• Like 1

Grab either AP, Martin, or Charles with the #2 pick and then you can probably grab Murray, Miller, Gore, McFadden, or Wilson with your second pick. I would then be looking for AJ15k, Roddy, or VJax with the 3rd pick. That would be a very solid start. Pay attention to how many are left of each tier of RB's and WR's and grab whatever is thinnest with your second pick, you may need to take the WR first. The guy drafting first will probably be looking to double up on good WR's at the turn.

What is TMQB?

• Like 1

If you've never done a 16 team snake draft before, it is the stuff men are made of. I'd be surprised if Murray is there at pick 34 for instance.

You have to stick to something simple: take the best player at each position available and stick with it. So if you go RB with the 1st pick, chances are you won't be looking at a decent RB2 until your 3rd pick, as I'd probably expect a decent WR there in the 2nd round you should probably take. If Graham falls to you (rather unlikely) then you'd have to be all over him. And in a league this deep, don't look past Brady in the 2nd/3rd. His perceived value is low (completely unjustified IMO) and if you paired him with a Lynch, Charles or Spiller in a league like that you're off to as good a start as anyone. In this instance your 3rd pick can make or break you.

And finally, you might have to 'reach' for your reaches: if you like Olsen as a sleeper TE I'd be willing to bet he'll be gone by Rd 6. 15 other people in the league, and I gaurantee you someone else (if not more than one) is thinking the same thing. Beware of that too, and have plan B's handy at all times.