[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marvin Harrison Trades

juggernaut06

I am currently in 1st place in 12 man Performance league, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K and 6 IDPs. My current offensive roster includes:

McNabb-QB

McNair-QB

Shaun Alexander-RB

Jamal Lewis-RB

Mike Bell-RB

V. Morency-RB

Marvin Harrison-WR

L. Coles-WR

I. Bruce-WR

B. Berrian-WR

M. Furrey-WR

T. Heap-TE

D. Clark-TE

Obviously Qb and WR have been carrying me thus far. With Alexander out, I am in desperate need of a solid running back to pair with the less than spectacular J. Lewis. I would prefer someone who is a full time feature back, as I can do without a RBCC scenario. It got so bad that last week I picked up and started mack Strong, figuring he would get the goalline touches for the Hawks with Alexander out. I then dropped him and picked up Morency, hoping that Green's hamstrings pull so bad that they get severed from his glutes.

I have three trades proposed to me. 1. Fred taylor for Marvin Harrison; 2. Chester taylor for Marvin Harrison and Morency; 3. Westbrook and Stallworth for Harrison, Heap and Mike Bell. Considering my RB dilemma, my wealth of talent at WR and TE, what do you think about the three offers? The season is still young and I need at least three good RBs to make it through the playoffs. Hopefully su. Alexander comes back after week 6 or 7 and returns to his past glory. If not, and if I dont pull a trade now, I am screwed.

Yes, I know about Fragile Fred and Westbroke. I also know that Chester has never been "the man" for a full season. Should I pull the trigger or ask them to pull my finger?

thanks

1. Fred Taylor? No! Last thing you need on your team is a 30 year old injury prone running back losing touches to a rookie.

2. Chester Taylor? I would seriously entertain this trade. The Vikings appear to be committed to this guy. He hasn't been great so far, but look at his upcoming schedule. The Vikes have a bye in Week 6 but then go on to face SEA, NE, SF, GB, MIA, ARZ, CHI, DET, NYJ, GB. Wow! Take out CHI in week 13 in this is a fantasy football dream. Not to mention you have DET, NYJ, & GB for Week 14-16 when most leagues have their playoffs.

3. Westbrook? You have got to love this guy.....when he is healthy that is. Unfourtunately, reports are saying Westbrook will either be hampered all season (no practice & playing a game and taking one off) or have surgery and get his knee cleared up (which would me missing approximately 4 weeks if not more). This is a gamble I would not want to take.

My vote is #2. Either way, you should manage without Harrison. Between Coles, Bruce, Berrian, & Furrey you should still make a competitive WR Core.

1. Fred Taylor? No! Last thing you need on your team is a 30 year old injury prone running back losing touches to a rookie.

2. Chester Taylor? I would seriously entertain this trade. The Vikings appear to be committed to this guy. He hasn't been great so far, but look at his upcoming schedule. The Vikes have a bye in Week 6 but then go on to face SEA, NE, SF, GB, MIA, ARZ, CHI, DET, NYJ, GB. Wow! Take out CHI in week 13 in this is a fantasy football dream. Not to mention you have DET, NYJ, & GB for Week 14-16 when most leagues have their playoffs.

3. Westbrook? You have got to love this guy.....when he is healthy that is. Unfourtunately, reports are saying Westbrook will either be hampered all season (no practice & playing a game and taking one off) or have surgery and get his knee cleared up (which would me missing approximately 4 weeks if not more). This is a gamble I would not want to take.

My vote is #2. Either way, you should manage without Harrison. Between Coles, Bruce, Berrian, & Furrey you should still make a competitive WR Core.

Thanks for the feedback! I concur with your thoughts.