[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Purchasing a better draft position

theeohiostate

Trading a commodity outside the league parameters, in this case cash, in order to change a draft position would upset the balance of the league and can be grounds for collusion.

As a commish, I would not allow this type of transaction.

....and I will not, big money Empire League....sorry OSU.....your drafting #11.

The whole empahsis when we kicked off the league is that it was not an auction or dynasty or keeper, but an old fashioned redraft for Big Bucks, now someone has a draft spot not to their liking....and walla, auction talk etc comes to the forefront. I like it the way it is and I'm drafting at the 8th spot, as it is what the "chance factor" gave me after my dice roll-I live with it and go on.

The whole empahsis when we kicked off the league is that it was not an auction or dynasty or keeper, but an old fashioned redraft for Big Bucks, now someone has a draft spot not to their liking....and walla, auction talk etc comes to the forefront. I like it the way it is and I'm drafting at the 8th spot, as it is what the "chance factor" gave me after my dice roll-I live with it and go on.

And it's not the like the #1 spot ran away with the league last year, either. It was the #3 and #11spots in the super bowl with the (more charming and better looking) owner in the #3 spot emerging victorious.

And it's not the like the #1 spot ran away with the league last year, either. It was the #3 and #11spots in the super bowl with the (more charming and better looking) owner in the #3 spot emerging victorious.

I thought Green Guy drafted 12th :D

We actually used the draft position for adding money into the kitty before the season ever started.

This works best in it is a local draft and all the owners are present, plus it adds to the fun. Here's how we worked it.

All 12 guys come in not doing their position ready to bid real dollars that get added to their league fee. The bid opens up and you go around the table / room and each guy bids or passes until the owners drop out and the top bid gets the #1 spot for $XX.00. He makes his selection - LT2 and drops out of the bidding for the #2 spot, etc. Some guys like to draft in the middle and depending on who is taken before that get aggresive in bidding they know they get the guy they are target, but for a price. It was a fun way to set the order of the serpentine and it added probably around $70 or so to bump up the kitty for the prize money at the end.

Maybe you could talk your fellow owners into this situation, as it is fair... fun... adds to the kitty and lets everyone pick the player they want along with the draft position they want. Some of the cheaper owners will likely wait until the end of the first round to prevent coming out of pocket for additional cash, but that decision is completely up to them. :D

I really like this. Basically an auction, expect nominating draft spots vs. the players themselves. Nice idea!

Edited by cory_n_az

Has does an action for the draft spot change anything :D

Your suggesting that a dice roll for draft position somehow makes the league more "standard" , while an auction for draft postion pollutes the league..........sorry, i'm not buying that arguement.

Futhermore PD, my suggestion was for NEXT season, this has no bearing on my 11 draft spot this season :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Your suggesting that a dice roll for draft position somehow makes the league more "standard" , while an auction for draft postion pollutes the league..........sorry, i'm not buying that arguement.

Futhermore PD, my suggestion was for NEXT season, this has no bearing on my 11 draft spot this season :wacko:

Hey, wait a minute: didn't you draft from the 1 spot last year TOS? :D

Edited by yo mama

Futhermore PD, my suggestion was for NEXT season, this has no bearing on my 11 draft spot this season :D

I know that, but for a yearly re-draft, as this league was set out to be, then the "chance factor" of dice rolls, pulling cards, flipping coins is an intrical part of the re-draft process, which IMO lies the true beauty of a re-draft.

It's really a matter of personel preference when ya strip it down. In my re-draft BotH leagues, all electronic dice rolls JLA FFL 7th, The Empire 8th, and Weapons of DMD 1st. The dice roll for Weapons of DMD was 2 dice with 1000 sides.....I rolled 1000 and 999....pure chance /luck and the beauty of it and the fun of it. I just need to know my spot so I can prepare accordingly for the drafts to come later this month. I have been playing FF since 1989 and the majority of leagues I've commished/palyed in the champ has come predominently from the 4-7 slots, heck the team that picks 11 or 12th has won it more times in my experince than the team who picks #1.

I really like this. Basically an auction, expect nominating draft spots vs. the players themselves. Nice idea!

It was very fun. Sometimes the middle round picks in the first round actually paid more than #3 or #4 as the the owner may target drafting in the middle of the round or if someone picked a guy that someone else thought would be "The Guy" for that slot and got more excited about getting that player for the next pick. The one thing that I would suggest is doing this for a local draft where all 12 guys are in a room together. Much more fun that way!