[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lawrence Timmons

He had an impressive game with six solo tackles, three assists and two sacks. Has he worked himself in the starting lineup now?

Didn't see this one down here so I can't say for sure but from talking to a couple of guys watching the game, Larry Foote is still the starter but Timmons plays a lot in the nickel and dime defenses. Foote is basically a 2 down run stopper. With the Cincy game the Bengals only ran 22 times to 34 passes... that suits TImmons being on the field more. Having said that I dunno what was up with Foote. He got half a tackle. He usually manages more than that. I notice Timmons also had a couple of tackles of RBs on downs you would not normally expect him to be in on (2nd and 7, 2nd and 10). Maybe this is his breakout... he's certainly worth grabbing in Dynasty Leagues but the Giants game will tell you how much he's likely to play against a run first D.

Checked in with some guys who watched the game, they said the Steelers were playing in the nickel D for a lot of the game. Timmons comes in for that one, Foote goes out.

Don't expect the same thing to happen against the Giants. It'll be very much the 3-4 fronts at least on first and second downs.

• 2 weeks later...
Checked in with some guys who watched the game, they said the Steelers were playing in the nickel D for a lot of the game. Timmons comes in for that one, Foote goes out.

Don't expect the same thing to happen against the Giants. It'll be very much the 3-4 fronts at least on first and second downs.

great call - he hardly scored at all against the Giants! 2 assists

great call - he hardly scored at all against the Giants! 2 assists

I would say this week is also not a great week to play Timmons as the Steelers will no doubt key on stopping Portis which will mean they'll be in their base 3-4 D with LBers or Woodley/Foote/Farrior/Harrison enough to make Timmons a poor start this week. Looking at their upcoming schedule there's a lot of good running attacks coming and I can only really see Timmons being worth a start again against the Bengals. Maybe against the Patriots. I think he may be a good dynasty pickup though. Larry Foote may be a cap casualty (as we'll really need to spend some dough on actually getting an OL), even so I would think they'll be looking for Foote to be a backup at best next season. Regardless of how it happens I would think Timmons will be starting as well as playign in the nickel next year. If you've got the bench space he's a good guy to keep.