[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears tried to trade for Boldin

Wolverines Fan

Per Profootballtalk.com. Too bad they couldn't make it happen. :wacko:

Bears Tried To Trade For Boldin

Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2009, 1:17 p.m. EDT

The Bears tried to address their glaring needs at receiver by sending their second-round pick to the Cardinals for Anquan Boldin, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times.

But the 49th overall pick wasn’t enough to land the guy who entered the league as the 54th overall selection in 2003.

“I would assume [trade talks are dead],” G.M. Jerry Angelo said. ”If it was going to happen, it would happen [saturday]. How motivated they were or weren’t — they came out [asking for] a one and a three and there were things that I read, so I really don’t know what their thinking was.”

Given that the Jets tried to trade back into round one to get receiver Percy Harvin and have yet to pick a wideout, don’t be shocked if the Mike Tannenbaum Job Security Desperation Tour includes an effort to send one or more conditional 2010 draft picks to the Cards for Boldin.

If, after all, the Jets stink this year, Tannenbaum wouldn’t be in New York to not use the picks he’d be shipping to Arizona.