[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jarvis James

gogo2146

Yeah, he's worth a shot if you have room, don't upend your roster to add him though. A lot depends on Mike Hart's MRI. I suspect there's a chance James could get 10-15 carries at Philadelphia... if Hart is out. Donald Brown isn't healthy and Addai is almost surely out in Week 9.

The thing with James, or any new Colts halfback, isn't "Can he run".... it's "Does he understand?"

I was looking at James to see if he knew where to line up when Manning changed the play 3 times, waving and pointing. On one play I saw James looking at Manning with a slight panic in his eyes, like "Here? You want me here?"... but on a couple others James seemed to have a perfect grasp, not even blinking when Manning was yelling and waving everybody around.

I thought Hart looked a lot better. Definite drop off in skills when going to James, imo.

Hart looked stronger, his balance seemed better, and he had a nice shake off move when defenders were trying to lock him up that worked. We did get to see a lot more of Hart's stuff though, so maybe James has some upside beyond being a pulse in Manning's starting line up.

I picked Hart off the waivers a couple weeks ago, and I was excited to have him on my team after watching him run. After Hart got hurt, and watching James run, I wasn't excited about having James on my team (if I were to drop Hart and pick up James). Here's hoping Hart's OK.

Edited by hardway