[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite League Type to play in

reconsniper

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? The league I'm commissioner of is head-to-head, and that's the only format I've ever played. But it does get annoying seeing some people who don't know what they're doing luck out from time to time. It would be nice to elevate the strategic element and eliminate dumb luck as much as is realistically possible.

How do other people feel about points vs. H2H?

My favorite league is the one in my sig. I like total points more because in our league we usually have 3 to 5 teams having a shot at 1st place in week 17. H2H most teams lose interest after week 13 from getting beat or not making playoffs. Total points keep the fantasy juices going till the end of the season.

My favorite league is the one in my sig. I like total points more because in our league we usually have 3 to 5 teams having a shot at 1st place in week 17. H2H most teams lose interest after week 13 from getting beat or not making playoffs. Total points keep the fantasy juices going till the end of the season.

I'm considering transitioning our league to total points, but one of my concerns is that issue of keeping everyone interested and engaged. On the one hand, in a H2H league I've seen people lose interest after an extensive losing streak and no shot of making the playoffs. But I worry that the same thing would occur in a total points league too, if one team strings together a few explosive weeks and just leaves everyone else in the dust. Plus, I wonder if H2H just naturally breeds more excitement by having people face off against each other. :wacko:

Edited by Guinness

I'm considering transitioning our league to total points, but one of my concerns is that issue of keeping everyone interested and engaged. On the one hand, in a H2H league I've seen people lose interest after an extensive losing streak and no shot of making the playoffs. But I worry that the same thing would occur in a total points league too, if one team strings together a few explosive weeks and just leaves everyone else in the dust. Plus, I wonder if H2H just naturally breeds more excitement by having people face off against each other. :wacko:

The League I commission the total points champion and the top 4 scoring teams win approximately 85% of the total winnings while the Super Bowl Champion gets approximately 5-10%. To keep everyone interested we give the high scorer each week a minimum of $75.00 per week. This money is raised exclusively through free agency. We have a 24 hour blind bid perios (Tuesdays) and then FCFS starting Wednesday morning at 8:00 am. We raise, on an average, $75-$80 per week in free agent acquisitions. Tuesday's blind bidding period is $2.00-$20.00 (real money) and all FCFS acquisitions cost $2.00. We've played this way for 6-7 years and everyone loves it and it keeps everyones interest through all 17 weeks.

$250.00 entry fee

1- $1,000.00

2- $600.00

3. $300.00

4- $100.00

Each playoff win = $10.00

Super Bowl Champ = $150.00

Super Bowl Runner Up = $50.00

Division Champions (W-L) = $100.00

10 team (much better waiver options than 12)

2 QB starters (only with 10 team leagues)

Position restrictions (limits to each position)

Auction, Auction, Auction!!

IDP (25%-35% of total roster)

Total Points (the only true way to determine who has the best team)

We also keep 1 player each year and a player can only be kept for 1 year. This is an auction league so the player you "keep" for the following year costs you 50% of what you paid for him the previous year. For example - I drafted Arian Foster for $2.00 last year so I can keep him next year and he'll cost $1.00 against the $300.00 cap.

10 team (much better waiver options than 12)

2 QB starters (only with 10 team leagues)

Position restrictions (limits to each position)

Auction, Auction, Auction!!

IDP (25%-35% of total roster)

Total Points (the only true way to determine who has the best team)

Disagree, All-Play is a much better way to determine the best team...total points can be skewed by a couple of very big weeks or even a very bad week...All-Play rewards total points but takes a bit of the "wow,he really blew up this week out of it"

Edited by keggerz

Disagree, All-Play is a much better way to determine the best team...total points can be skewed by a couple of very big weeks or even a very bad week...All-Play rewards total points but takes a bit of the "wow,he really blew up this week out of it"

We tried the "All-Play format two years ago and the owners voted it down after 1 season. I understand where your coming from here but I still feel like Total Points is the way to go to find the best team.