[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers to retire No. 4

jetsfan

I thought we were just giving our opinions. I didn't think I'd hurt your feelings given that you were full of venom when it came to Favre earlier. And it has nothing to do with changing your mind. Its a discussion forum. If you don't want my opinion, then don't address my posts.

And I have no issue not retiring anyones number. But if you're going to retire numbers, Favre has to be one of them. He'd probably be the fourth or fifth guy on my list to be retired.

I'm unclear where you get that my feelings have been hurt. No matter.

I think Murphy is allowing Favre the opportunity to return to the GB family to allow him the chance to act like the other Packer retirees... like Starr, Taylor, Nitschke, Hornung, and others. If he proves that he has 100% green and gold blood and participates in Packer events in season and out of season then the retired number will likely take place. If he stays away and blows of opportunities to participate, then I think the number is just not issued to another player.

He will be invited back BUT will be on double secret probation!!! And he should be. And I am a diehard Packer Fan and was a huuuuuge Favre fan until diva-Favre showed up.