[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Evolution of Fantasy Football...

keggerz

Can the offense also have flexablitly in it's own line up settings? How many flex players for the offense to counter the strengths/weaknesses of the opponents defense, just as the defense gets to start more corners or more LBs? Meaning, if I am playing a team deep in corner backs can my offense start more running backs? or more TEs or WRs if the have weak CBs? Is this an IDP league or does the 'alignment' replace a team defense?

Can the offense also have flexablitly in it's own line up settings? How many flex players for the offense to counter the strengths/weaknesses of the opponents defense, just as the defense gets to start more corners or more LBs? Meaning, if I am playing a team deep in corner backs can my offense start more running backs? or more TEs or WRs if the have weak CBs? Is this an IDP league or does the 'alignment' replace a team defense?

It is an IDP league and here are the offensive starting requirements....pretty flexible if you ask me....as an example you can start 3RBs, or even zero RBs if you want...also not sure how many leagues allow you to start 3 TEs too.

And to answer your question, yes if an owner thinks he can exploit the defense he is playing against by starting more WRs or TEs etc, then they can do that.

Offense: 9 Starters with the following options being valid lineups*:

QB 1

RB 0-3

WR 0-5

TE 1-3

PN 1

PK 1

*A combination of 6 RB/WR/TE, not to exceed the maximum limits per position.

Edited by keggerz

It is an IDP league and here are the offensive starting requirements....pretty flexible if you ask me....as an example you can start 3RBs, or even zero RBs if you want...also not sure how many leagues allow you to start 3 TEs too.

And to answer your question, yes if an owner thinks he can exploit the defense he is playing against by starting more WRs or TEs etc, then they can do that.

Offense: 9 Starters with the following options being valid lineups*:

QB 1

RB 0-3

WR 0-5

TE 1-3

PN 1

PK 1

*A combination of 6 RB/WR/TE, not to exceed the maximum limits per position.

I like the new format. Sounds like defensive players will be at a premium. I didn't see the scoring for defensive players, so I couldn't say which position appears to be most valuable. And, as in most IDP leagues there are always some good players on defense that go undrafted, usually at the cornerback position. It will be interesting to watch yall's draft. Thanks for sharing :tup:

I probably would have gone with Ray Rice but I don't think you can really go wrong between Rice,

Foster

or McCoy.

I know he is a no brainer to go early but please, no name dropping.

I like the new format. Sounds like defensive players will be at a premium. I didn't see the scoring for defensive players, so I couldn't say which position appears to be most valuable. And, as in most IDP leagues there are always some good players on defense that go undrafted, usually at the cornerback position. It will be interesting to watch yall's draft. Thanks for sharing :tup:

here is scoring: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/373993-full-impact-idp-rules/page__view__findpost__p__3632319

I know he is a no brainer to go early but please, no name dropping.

Oh sorry. That didn't even cross my mind. Namedropping could be annoying later on.

For those who were curious as to how the scoring rules affected the draft, I just took the first IDP @ 1.13, Jason Pierre-Paul.

Felt the position scarcity at the top of the DE talent pool was so great that he was worth it. He's 23, so a player I can build this roster around. WR is deep, LB is deep, QB is deep enough and the top 2 TEs went right in front of me (who I originally planned on taking). Very different draft for me already, but I love it. It's going to be very interesting to see who I can fill out the roster with after starting with an unusual first rounder.

FWIW, JPP was #14 in this league's scoring system last season.

Looks like you have at least 4 Philly-area league members:

Zooty - Schuylkill Crusaders

Jeff - Philadelphia Rough Riders

Scott - Conshy Crush

Jim - Jerome Brown 99

:tup:

And I am a Philly transplant in the South...and while not in Philly Buddahj is a Philly fan too...not sure how it happened to have so many Eagles fans.

And I am a Philly transplant in the South...and while not in Philly Buddahj is a Philly fan too...not sure how it happened to have so many Eagles fans.

:yay:

I knew I hated this league....dirty philadelphians all over it, smells of cheap yellow cheese, Yuengling, and Mike Schmidt's moustache

:lol::whack:

We are now about midway thru round 11 of the 43 round vet draft...

Thru pick 11.6 we have 5 DT's off the board, yes 5 defensive tackles.

Postional breakdown thru 10 rounds:

QB-14

RB-30

WR-45

TE-17

DT-3

DE-17

LB-37

S-1

Edited by keggerz

• 4 weeks later...

The Vet draft is over and we started the rook draft today (Rookie draft starts with pick 44.1)

http://football.myfa...ns?L=57979&O=17

First few picks are in:

44.01 689. Twin Peaks Bobs (Antonio/FFToday) Griffin III, Robert WAS QB ®

44.02 690. London Monarchs (Ross/PFF) Richardson, Trent CLE RB ®

44.03 691. Jerome Brown 99 (Jim/ESPN) Martin, Doug TBB RB ®

44.04 692. Boston Patriots (BBP/Dave) Luck, Andrew IND QB ®

44.05 693. Sumner Snipers (DD21) Blackmon, Justin JAC WR ®

44.06 694. Avila Beach Bulldogs (5Rings) Kuechly, Luke CAR LB ®

Edited by keggerz

• 2 weeks later...

Keggerz just a quick question regarding the percentage deduction and additions regarding the starting lineups in this league is that something MFL can handle and do they have to manually edited sorry if this question has already been asked. This is a concept I had kicked around a bit myself over the least couple of years but already running 4 dynasty leagues that require a bit of time this was something i would love to do but could not possibly devote the time needed to go through and do all the adjustments required.

Keggerz just a quick question regarding the percentage deduction and additions regarding the starting lineups in this league is that something MFL can handle and do they have to manually edited sorry if this question has already been asked. This is a concept I had kicked around a bit myself over the least couple of years but already running 4 dynasty leagues that require a bit of time this was something i would love to do but could not possibly devote the time needed to go through and do all the adjustments required.

MFL can't handle that (yet anyway, fingers crossed for the future)...so we are doing it manually...every team has a CoachQB, CoachRB, CoachTE & CoachWR the adjustments will be made to those positions so we can track how each position fares too.

Fair enough I didn't think it could be thought you guys may have unlocked something I haven't found on there yet. this is a concept we are probably looking at for a dynasty league in a couple of years team so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Edited by half_hennessy

• 2 months later...

Here is an update with how the scoring has impacted a couple of matchups...

This week I lost by 1.51 points and I I left Ray Lewis and his 16 points on the bench(remember he scored 32 points in week 1)...Instead of Lewis I started a DT so that I could use the Prevent #8 defensive scheme (see below) the DT that I started(Knighton) over him scored just 1.6 points...in old leagues you would kick yourself knowing that Ray Lewis would have easily won the game for you...but not in Full Impact IDP...if I had started Lewis I would have LOST by 9.18 points...reason is that with Lewis my scheme would have been Prevent #7 (see below for differences)...this is the type of strategy that I envisioned this concept creating so I am very happy so far...even after a loss.

We also had one team go from winning by .88pts to losing by 4.47pts once Impact Scoring was factored in.

FULL IMPACT SCORING

3-4

#1 DE2, DT1, LB4, CB2, S2......QB: -5%,RB: +10%, WR: -5%, TE: n/a

4-3

#2 DE2, DT2, LB3, CB2, S2......QB: +5%, RB: -10%, WR: n/a, TE: +5%

Nickel(3-3-5, 4-2-5 or "Big Nickel")

#3 DE2, DT1, LB3, CB3, S2......QB: -5%, RB: +10%, WR: -5%, TE: n/a

#4 DE2, DT2, LB2, CB3, S2......QB: -10%, RB: +10%, WR: -10%, TE: +10%

#5 DE2, DT2, LB2, CB2, S3......QB: -5%, RB: +5%, WR: +5%, TE: -5%

Dime (4-1-6)

#6 DE2, DT2, LB1, CB4, S2......QB: -10%, RB: +30%, WR: -10%, TE: -10%

Prevent (3-1-7 or 4-0-7)