[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reality Sports test auction

j2v

You've likely seen the ads for Reality Sports Online on the Huddle home page, and tonight a few Huddlers will have an opportunity to test-drive this game.

We are running a mock auction starting at 8 pm tonight (Wednesday) and there are about a half-dozen openings left. RSO is part dynasty league in that you have a rookie draft and can carry players over for up to 4 years. You acquire players via auction, which is in my opinion the best way to distribute players. And the unique twist is that during the live auction you bid via multi-year contracts; if a guy offers Adrian Peterson 1 year/$10 million, you can trump that with a 2 year/$20.5 million offer.

I participated in a mock on Monday night and thought it was pretty cool. I wanted to try it again and was given the opportunity to have some of you join me. If you'd like to claim one of the spots, here are the instructions:

1. Create a login (free) at the Reality Sports Online site (http://www.realitysportsonline.com/; here's a link as well)

2. Click the "Join League" button in the middle of the page.

3. Enter the following login details and click "OK".

League Logon: Huddle2

League Password: RSOHuddle

League Description: Huddle fans: Thank you for trying Reality Sports Online! Please enjoy this sample Free Agency Auction courtesy of The Huddle. Please use the "Contact Us" link on the homepage for any follow-up questions.

And here's the "official" description of the game...

Reality Sports Online (RSO), a new fantasy sports company created by former NFL team personnel, has launched its first product, an online fantasy football platform. Designed to emulate actual NFL front office operations and create a realistic general manager experience, RSO’s fantasy football platform delivers the world’s first Free Agency Auction Room (patent pending), enabling fantasy team owners to negotiate multi-year contracts in real-time online.

Other key features include a rookie draft with slotted contracts based on draft selection, partially guaranteed contracts, a salary cap based on NFL rules and use of a franchise tag. If you love Fantasy Football, you will love Reality Sports Online. Test your General Manager skills in the most realistic fantasy format ever created.

The Huddle 2.0 -- Important Info: 2012 Salary Cap: $120,600,000 (It's recommended each owner saves between $7.5M and $17.5M in Cap Room to operate throughout the 2012 Season) Rookie Draft: 2 rounds, 3-year contracts slotted based on selection (You can set your rookie rankings in advance of the draft if you wish to auto-draft). Free Agency Auction Contracts: One 4-year contract, two 3-year contracts, three 2-year contracts, unlimited 1-year contracts. (Contracts contain some guarantees, displayed in the Auction Room, so spend wisely). All other settings: You can view all league settings after joining, including rosters, scoring, etc.

Hope you can join us!

2V

Question ... is this a mock or a real league ... I think it's a real league, but before signing up, I wanted to make sure one way or another.

This one's a mock. But you're welcome to set up a real league through this site if you enjoy the mock and the functionality.

2V

Has there already been a rookie draft? I can see I own Lamar Miller and Ruben Randle.

Yes, there's a rookie draft prior to the actual auction. It pretty much runs off the pre-rankings, and those guys are on your team at pre-determined cap amounts for I believe 3-year deals. Sorry I didn't point that out earlier. I was too slow in getting my pre-rankings set and ended up with Justin Blackmon and Alshon Jeffrey, so I guess I don't have to hit the WR position as hard during the auction.

2V

Also, worth mentioning that there are still some spots for the mock auction portion of this draft, which starts at 8 pm Central this evening. You'll inherit two rookie players and their contracts, but it's only for mock purposes so it's certainly not the end of the world. We already have a couple Huddlers participating including me, as well as one of my co-hosts from the Fantasy Football Weekly radio show/podcast. Hint: he's a ginormous Michael Vick fan, so bid him up accordingly.

I love that "ginormous" doesn't even show up as a misspelled word.

In any event, go to http://www.realitysportsonline.com/ and create a login. Then search for The Huddle 2.0 league and click APPLY to get in. If there's an open spot, it will be given to you.

2V

Since we probably won't be close to 10 people I am going to skip the draft. Draft time is 4 am in Europe and it is not worth staying up with so few people. I hope we do another draft later on with more people because the format sounds like lots of fun

You'll inherit two rookie players and their contracts, but it's only for mock purposes so it's certainly not the end of the world

I disagree! Having a Giants player on my team is already killing me from within. Every fiber in my being is screaming in pain.

Edited by Papajohn

Papajohn -- I'm sorry you couldn't make it last night. We actually had 9 people participate in the Free Agency Auction, so you were the only missing owner.

All -- We're running another Mock Free Agency Auction tonight at 8:30 P.M. ET. If anybody is interested in participating, please go to www.realitysportsonline.com and register. Look for "FREE Mock Free Agency Auction: 7-12-12" and click "join".

For all the expert Fantasy owners out there, Reality Sport Online is running FREE Mock Free Agency Auctions each weeknight this week at 8:30 p.m. ET. 1. Register at RealitySportsOnline.com 2. Look for "League Openings" 3. Find the league "FREE Mock Free Agency Auction: (That day's date)" and click Join.

The Rookie Draft will take place at 7:00 p.m. ET. If you can't attend the Rookie Draft, just set your rookie rankings earlier and the system will auto-draft for you.

If you have any questions, email us at inquiries@realitysportsonline.com