[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith

dope man

I was just pondering about if Steve Smith will be a HOFer.... He is 22nd all time in receiving yards and 25th in total receptions. He told a local news channell that his goal is 1000 receptions and 14,000 yards, which would put him in top 10 categories in each. This would take another 2 to 3 seasons and at 34 years old he thinks he has at least a "few" more good seasons left....maybe because I am local I have never considered him HOF material, what do you guys think?

i can't see it. i like his intensity and he's been solid for quite a while, but he's not in that category IMO. his situation has probably held him back too. him in a number of other cities would have boosted his numbers and status. nothing against Carolina.

Tim Brown isn't in, yet. Brown was voted all-pro 9 times. Brown retired with 14,934 receiving yards, the second-highest total in NFL history, 1,094 receptions (3rd), and 100 touchdown catches (3rd-Tied). I can't see Smith getting in if Brown isn't a clear-cut inductee. The NFL HOF is very exclusive.

This is spot on.