[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kaepernick is a worthless P.O.S.

CowboysDiehard

I clearly said "we see through tunnel vision." And I was talking about society in general, including myself. And yes, I have no problem saying that my views changed over time after interactions and altercations.

I took that more as "we see through tunnel vision until some of us become enlightened like me". But anyway, I spent most of my youth arguing for liberal points in a very conservative grade school and high school and now I find myself pushing back against liberals who surround me at the college I'm a professor at. So I guess I just like to be contrary.

I took that more as "we see through tunnel vision until some of us become enlightened like me". But anyway, I spent most of my youth arguing for liberal points in a very conservative grade school and high school and now I find myself pushing back against liberals who surround me at the college I'm a professor at. So I guess I just like to be contrary.

All good man, seriously, I came here for fantasy football, not a political debate. And we are in the same profession so I definitely understand where you're coming from.

Edited by Shaft

I wouldn't expect someone who is privileged to understand. And your child's privilege will not be something they will truly understand or appreciate because YOU earned it, not them. You say you were raised poor! Did the rich have an advantage over you? You have the right to your opinion and that's the beauty of America. And your racial composition of the NFL has nothing to do with this. That's a bad example. Hockey is mostly white and no one is out there protesting.

And did I say black people were the only people oppressed? You might have implicit biases there. And yes, I agree 100% there are many groups who were oppressed, particularly white ethnics like the Irish and Italians. I've studied their history in-depth. And some of the stuff that happened to them is disgusting. And I will stand for their rights too if needed. If you want to get technical, there were only two minority groups that were made minority involuntarily...Native Americans and Blacks.

My children do understand and appreciate the advantages afforded to them through my hard work because I reinforce that idea very regularly during their upbringing. I know personally that life is what you make it in this country, and it is important to me that they understand that. I also make sure they don't blame anyone for their lives' misfortunes. And yes the rich did have an advantage over me. Whether they were white, black, asian, muslim, Native American, or Jewish, they all had a monetary advantage that I did not have, but I still had opportunity. I joined the military; I earned a college degree; and I worked hard and became successful despite coming from a poor family, and I owe much of my success to this country. I could have never done what I did if I lived in India, China, Pakistan, etc. If you're point is that rich people have an advantage over poor people, then I would agree, but if you believe that certain races, religions, genders, creeds, etc. have an advantage over certain others in this country at this day and age, I would strongly disagree with you. And as far the "implicit biases" you assume me of having, did you not write "white heterosexual middle class male" in your post? Hmmm, sounds like you're the one who has "implicit biases."

Patronizing? I have not looked down or spoken down to anyone in this thread. Dope man made a strong statement and yes after a little reluctance I chimed in.

Shaft, don't chime in on my account....my statement may have been strong, but honest....and I was speaking to someone dirrectly(even named him). I didn't pull your chain. Don't use me as a excuse for your inability to take your own advice and stay out of a conversation. Have a good one man!

Edited by dope man