[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big 10 vs. Big 12

hornish

Kansas State 2000:

Chavez:

And KState, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Purdue are flat out MARGINAL and MEDIOCRE teams that shouldn't be in a bowl.

lol Boy were you off all 4 won their bowl game. lol First of all, that's only three teams. Secondly, if you look, you'll see that I predicted that Purdue would win. My argument was that a 6-6 team should not be in a bowl (even though 6-6 teams went 3-0 this bowl season). Quite frankly, I was shocked that Minnesota won and pretty surprised that Wisconsin won and I don't think I was alone. Minnesota didn't come close to beating a decent Big 10 team all year. Wisconsin was a solid team but certainly nothing spectacular. However, it proves my point that the Big 10 was a VERY good conference this year and Ohio State's undefeated season was a major accomplishment.

hornish:

3)  Washington (7-5) vs. Purdue (6-6) - I think Purdue will win this one even though I don't think ANY team should go bowling with a 0.500 record.  Again, Big 10 playing another major conference team with a better record (do you see a trend here).

I concede that the Big 10's middle level teams stack up favorably against the same teams from other conferences. In my view though, the Big 10's top teams have not been able to carry their weight with the nation's top teams over the years. Too many tail-whippings in the Rose (and now the Orange), perhaps the Fiesta will dispell my premise. Doubt it.

Kansas State 2000

Chavez

Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Purdue are flat out MARGINAL and MEDIOCRE teams that shouldn't be in a bowl.

Boy were you off all (3) won their bowl game. Fortunately, my day job is NOT betting on CFB. But I DO stand by my statement that none of the 3 should have been playing in Bowl games after the dog-average seasons they had.

I guess I'll just console myself with the fact that the Big Ten went 5-2 and gave the SEC a big Texas cuff.