[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nebraska may have found a qb

Phat1

Not that many of you will care, but to the Big Red fans and other Big 12 homers, Joe Dailey looks like the second coming of Christ here. He really looked impressive in both the running and passing game. Threw a perfect fade that should have been a td but was dropped. He was playing against the worst team in Div-1 and fumbled on the goal line, but the kid shows a lot of promise. Don't be surprised to see him starting over Lord in couple of weeks, and Lord be switched to tailback.

Fellow Husker fan and it was good to see Dailey on the field getting some practice. He was a QB type we haven't seen around here for a long, long time (exciting). There's no chance of us winning a natl. championship this year so I hope they take their time and don't rush him in. I can't for the life of me see them moving away from Lord (as bad as he looks some times) unless he's injured, but letting Dailey get play time and work the mistakes out is probably the smart move (especially when the games are out of hand). He is a lot of fun to watch. I'm guessing with a good year in the weight room they'll have us rolling again. Now if we can just get the RB pipeline opened up again. I haven't read anything on the new talent. Anybody heard anything.

On the defensive side there's nothing but upside. I think we're going to find a lot of young talent wanting to play for Pelini. OU can't have all the fun.

When I lived in Denver I would make it back to Lincoln for at least a couple of games a year. Now that I'm in Phoenix it's just not possible. Have heard a lot of good things about Dailey. What year is he? Did he redshirt? If Lord can't get his completion percentage above 50%, then I say get Dailey in there sooner rather than later. Here's to a W (and payback) over the Nittany Lions this Saturday. Go Big Red!

Dailey is true freshman and looks about the right size for it. He has a cannon for an arm and all the local papers are calling him McNabb-esque. He just really looks like a boy among men (until he throws the ball). He actually was pretty elusive as well. He made several guys miss, but like a rookie he fumbled on a goal line dive (though he was complaining about not getting a play in when he came to the sideline). More growing pains for a new offensive system. It's just hard to tell how good he is when he's playing clean up and the line has pummelled on one of the worst teams in Div-I for 3 quarters.

You're absolutely right about Lord, but he doesn't make many mistakes as long as he doesn't throw the ball. So though he should be out I'm guessing he'll see a lot more time. Cotton was right on when he said he didn't want QBs that are runners that can throw. He wanted QBs that were throwers that could run if they had to. Don't look for future Lord/Crouch/Frost-types QBs in the new system. Lord is hopefully the end of the line.

KS2000 how's Ell? I hate to see other good Big 12 north players go down. When they're not playing the Huskers I always root for them to steam-roll the opponents. You gotta get him back before Texas. We need you to tenderize the horns before we roll into the lone star state.

I gotta chime in here. I am a Husker fan, but they have to get rid of Solich, and every other coach on that staff. Bring in people who know nothing about an option offense and let them start from scratch.

Lord may be the worst passer in the history of quarterbacks, and if your quarterback can't throw an accurate pass, then you have no chance of beating any quality teams.

Didn't the beating from Miami a couple years ago show them anything? They keep banging their heads against the wall with this outdated option offense.

Slacker- Just responding about NU's rb situation. I'm really excited about Green. Can't remember, pronounce, or spell his first name, but he's Ahman's cousin. All the coaches are very big on him. They're going to try and redshirt him this year, but if you start seeing him on special teams, he might see be too good to sit.