[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

phillies = cheaters

Azazello1313

:tup:

"umm, yeah, he was just making sure our catcher was setting up right. even though it was the top of the inning so our catcher was in the dugout. yeah that's the ticket." :wacko:

If they aren't supposed to have binoculars in the bullpen then they should be reprimanded...now with regards to stealing signs in general...I feel safe in saying that EVERYONE tries to steal signs....I played ball thru college and can tell you there wasn't a game where I wasn't trying to pickup/steal the 3rd base coaches signs and also if I was on 2nd you best believe I was trying to read the catchers signs and would tip the batter off if I could...it truly is part of baseball but I will say that binoculars do seem to cross the line

If they aren't supposed to have binoculars in the bullpen then they should be reprimanded...now with regards to stealing signs in general...I feel safe in saying that EVERYONE tries to steal signs....I played ball thru college and can tell you there wasn't a game where I wasn't trying to pickup/steal the 3rd base coaches signs and also if I was on 2nd you best believe I was trying to read the catchers signs and would tip the batter off if I could...it truly is part of baseball but I will say that binoculars do seem to cross the line

spoken like a true pats fan. hey, everybody does it!

I 100% agree...Not just b/c its my home team being accused...If you know anything about baseball then you should know that every team trys to get an advantage with stealing signs....Why do you think the players talk with the glove up to there mouth? :wacko:

While stealing signs is something all teams try to do, using electronic equipment, enhanced devices and technology is not allowed in baseball.

I don't think anybody would dispute that all teams try to steal signs. That is not what is in question. The above quote is from the article sighted in the original post. This is why people are making an issue out of this. It would appear that the Phillies were using an "enhanced device".

I'd also like someone to explain to me why Charlie Manual dragged the Mets into this. What does the Mets home/away record (which he was far off on), have to do with the Rockies catching the Phillies using binoculars in the bullpen?

did you ever play baseball?

yeah, actually. sometimes we tried to figure out signs, but I think every time we thought we had one we were wrong :wacko:

point is, same argument applied to the patriots (everyone tries to get signs), which is probably more or less true. same exception exists here, using technology to do it which is against the rules. ergo, in defending it you sound like a pats fan. which, I might add, you weren't so fond of once upon a time:

Isn't it just as sad that blind homers try to act as if for the most part that this isn't/wasn't a big deal. Like it or not, Billy the Cheat has ensured that the Patriots organization as well as their run under him has been tarnished and rightfully so. I guess as long as a team wins (or won) that it is ok to look the other way. All I know is that if this were the Eagles (or any other organization that I root for) and I found out that Andy Reid (or any other coach for a team i root for) did something like this I would be calling for his head but hey thats just me. Unfortunately, it seems that winning is all that matters and sportsmanship has to take a back seat.

yeah, actually. sometimes we tried to figure out signs, but I think every time we thought we had one we were wrong :tup:

point is, same argument applied to the patriots (everyone tries to get signs), which is probably more or less true. same exception exists here, using technology to do it which is against the rules. ergo, in defending it you sound like a pats fan. which, I might add, you weren't so fond of once upon a time:

but I said if they were using binoculars that it was wrong :wacko:

well that is what I meant when I said: If they aren't supposed to have binoculars in the bullpen then they should be reprimanded

and you know what they should fire the bullpen coach that was using the binoculars and if he then comes out and says he was told to do it by Manuel or the GM etc then I will say they too should be fired.

Edited by keggerz

and you know what they should fire the bullpen coach that was using the binoculars and if he then comes out and says he was told to do it by Manuel or the GM etc then I will say they too should be fired.

yeah I'm sure the bullpen coach using binoculars to steal signs and call them into the dugout was a rogue agent. I applaud you for at least trying to be consistent here, but you sure are taking a different tone...

Like it or not, Billy Charlie the Cheat has ensured that the Patriots Phillies organization as well as their run under him has been tarnished and rightfully so.

:wacko:

yeah I'm sure the bullpen coach using binoculars to steal signs and call them into the dugout was a rogue agent. I applaud you for at least trying to be consistent here, but you sure are taking a different tone...

can I at least live in denial for just a bit...and fwiw there is a slight difference...BB is a dick and most everyone knows it....Charlie on the other hand is genuinely considered a great guy

edit: and you do know that i won fisherman of the year based basically on my patriots stuff :tup:

Edited by keggerz

can I at least live in denial for just a bit...and fwiw there is a slight difference...BB is a dick and most everyone knows it....Charlie on the other hand is genuinely considered a great guy

:tup: I agree completely. but stuff like this is always fun. not as fun as with menudo, but still. :tup:

:tup: I agree completely. but stuff like this is always fun. not as fun as with menudo, but still. :wacko:

Did you hear?

The Donkeys took TIM TEBOW in the 1st round :tup: