Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jackass

A Carson Palmer sighting..

34 posts in this topic

Well consider this...if Palmer and his 11.5 million do show up to the Bengals, and that would put them over the cap by a decent amount, does Mike Brown either:

1.) Cut several players with decent-sized contracts, players that by now are probably vital to the team and would severely hurt the team if they got axed.

or

2.) Trade Palmer, get a draft pick in return, and move on and try to actually make the Bengals something more than the laughingstock of the NFL.

He could and might go #1 if Palmer returns but Brown would get absolutely torched by the media for telling Palmer that he won't trade him because "they signed a contract together" and that he has to value that contract till it is over, while he cuts severl players who are under contract. Very hypocritical.

option 3 : restructure contracts.

:wacko:

The owner won't trade or release him, right?

Won't the HC start the best QB? Isn't Carson better, right now, then the other guys?

You question was why do people think that they want him to go away. I believe I've answered that question.

Woudl a HC start the best player available at QB, even if it completely ticks off half of the rest of the team? I don't have the answer to that question. But apparantly you do.

But apparantly you do.

I do. I have all the answers. You're welcome.

I do. I have all the answers. You're welcome.

Here's a question I already know the answer to: Are you a tool? :wacko:

he needs to go away because he sucks. can only make one read, has no mobility, can't improvise, and he's dumber than a rock.

menudo, you were right. big ben is better.

now, all hail the red-headed saviour ...

Well consider this...if Palmer and his 11.5 million do show up to the Bengals, and that would put them over the cap by a decent amount, does Mike Brown either:

1.) Cut several players with decent-sized contracts, players that by now are probably vital to the team and would severely hurt the team if they got axed.

or

2.) Trade Palmer, get a draft pick in return, and move on and try to actually make the Bengals something more than the laughingstock of the NFL.

He could and might go #1 if Palmer returns but Brown would get absolutely torched by the media for telling Palmer that he won't trade him because "they signed a contract together" and that he has to value that contract till it is over, while he cuts severl players who are under contract. Very hypocritical.

Please show your work.

Well consider this...if Palmer and his 11.5 million do show up to the Bengals, and that would put them over the cap by a decent amount

Really? This is from August 31st, so you're telling me they spent some $18 million in the last 2 days?

Cincinnati Bengals

Cap room: $29,030,430

Analysis: Teams are not required to spend to the cap until 2013, and the Bengals are taking advantage. Cincinnati has the third-most cap space in the NFL. Trading receiver Chad Ochocinco and putting quarterback Carson Palmer on the reserve/did not report list will save Cincinnati more than $17 million this year. The Bengals made several free-agent acquisitions, such as Nate Clements and Manny Lawson. But few were big names. They also re-signed starting tailback Cedric Benson for a bargain, one-year deal after Benson had legal issues this summer.

Linky

he needs to go away because he sucks. can only make one read, has no mobility, can't improvise, and he's dumber than a rock.

menudo, you were right. big ben is better.

now, all hail the red-headed saviour ...

Finally, someone admits it.

:tup: