[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons Defense

Tford

Couple of IDP worthy notes after week 1:

- Brent Grimes suffered an Achilles' injury and is done for the year. Christopher Owens is first up to play in his spot.

- The Falcons played the entire game in nickel/dime packages except for 11 plays. Akeem Dent is borderline worthless if this continues but Stephen Nicholas gets a huge bump.

- Sean Weatherspoon got multiple shots at blitzing throughout the game. As a Weatherspoon owner, I'm loving this.

- John Abraham has still got it when it comes to pass rush. He never was the best run defender in the league but even at 34, give me Abes over many ends in the league. I'm not ashamed to say that I played him in a couple leagues and he did not disappoint where many other elite ends did.

Nicholas looked awesome, and from the camps I went to, had a really nice camp.

I don't do IDP, but I'd say that 10 tackles, 2 assists and an INT sounds like a pretty damn good IDP day to me. He had one tackle where he did a great job of cutting Jamaal Charles off before he could make his move.