[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency Begins May 1st

fuz

Alright - looks like we have an NFL draft started - which means that we need to slowly gear up for the upcoming season.  This season probably brings the most uncertainty I've ever seen in fantasy football.  We will take everything one step at a time and assume, at this moment, that the season will be not unlike any other season.  If we do have any changes to the league, we will try to use the forum and/or group email for conversation.

Please let me (and the rest of the league) know if you are in for the season here on this thread so I know that you are not only in, but keeping an eye on free agent bids to start the season.  I think most of you conveyed to me that you are in for another season - but that was back in January.

Here is a reminder of key offseason dates: 

Contract years concluded on March 1, 2020 - all players have lost 1 year on their contracts.  Please review each of your teams to make sure the spreadsheet is as accurate as possible.  Let us know if any of your players have changed teams as well.

Now until May 1 - no transaction period.

Ongoing - discussion on league rule changes/scoring changes.  Now is the time to make adjustments on rules.

May 1, 2019 - Free Agent bidding opens for the year.  As a reminder, use MFL to see players not currently on a fantasy team at a quick glance.

prior to June 24, 2020 - if any owners have not checked in (via email or this forum), a new owner will be sought for that team.

July 13th - Rookie draft begins via email (4 rounds).

August 3, 2020 (or a touch later depending on how the rookie draft goes) - Restricted Free Agent bidding opens for the year (players on other teams that have zero years remaining on their contracts may be bid on).

Sunday before the first thursday night game in september - contracts - back down to 40 years and 20 player cap.  Yearly dues are due at this time as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by fuz

8 minutes ago, Josh Siel said:

I'm in.

Also could I change my team name to Siel Team 69. Might be a little better than first name last name.

Josh,

I have changed your team name in the google Docs spreadsheet.

You should be able to change the team name on the "My Fantasy League" site.  If not, Tim will have to change the name for you.

Edited by Gizmo

5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Josh,

I have changed your team name in the google Docs spreadsheet.

You should be able to change the team name on the "My Fantasy League" site.  If not, Tim will have to change the name for you.

Thanks! I think I got it figured it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've heard confirmation from everyone (a few by email) - it looks like we have a full league for the upcoming season.

Just a reminder: our rookie draft will begin Monday morning, July 13th.