[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tie braker,please help

koralkillers

One of my leagues we have a tie-braking issue.Ten team league,top two spots in each Division make playoffs.We are going to have a 3-way tie more than likely.We cant use Division record as a tie braker as some teams have played 9 div.games and 1 team only had 8. Head to head games are all split.1to1.Commissioner wants to use head to head total points scored as next tie-braker.I feel it should be overall points scored (14 games).I am in playoffs already so it does not effect me.So my question is should it be overall points scored or head to head points scored as the tie-braker.Thanks for any help.

This should have been discussed PRIOR to the season. Nevertheless, I would use the tie-breakers the way the NFL does. I think this would make it fair.  :D

602802[/snapback]

I agree it should have been addressed before the season,this was a first year league and a few things were overlooked. Thanks for your input.

Yeah, 10 team league are a problem. We learned it the hard way as well this year. In order for our league to work out everybody had to play 2 games last week.

As for the tie-breaker we use this system...

Overall record

Divisional record

Head to Head record

TOTAL points scored on the year

It has always worked.

Good Luck to your chaos.

Yeah, 10 team league are a problem.  We learned it the hard way as well this year.  In order for our league to work out everybody had to play 2 games last week.

As for the tie-breaker we use this system...

Overall record

Divisional record

Head to Head record

It has always worked.

Good Luck to your chaos.

602841[/snapback]

But should the team that is say 5-4 in division get the playoff spot over the team that is 4-4 in division? I say that is not fair to the team that played 1 less Div game.

Our league is a 10 man league and we do tiebreakers like this:

Overall record

Head to Head record

Total Points against

Coin flip

We have never gotten past to total points scored when doing tiebreakers at the end of the year and our league has been around for about 14 years

Our league is a 10 man league and we do tiebreakers like this:

Overall record

Head to Head record

Total Points against

Coin flip

We have never gotten past to total points scored when doing tiebreakers at the end of the year and our league has been around for about 14 years

602851[/snapback]

This is the way I agree it should be done.Thanks

But should the team that is say 5-4 in division get the playoff spot over the team that is 4-4 in division? I say that is not fair to the team that played 1 less Div game.

602850[/snapback]

NO they should not. You can't fix the messup on the schedule so Divisional record is out the window.

You should go with overall points on the year, because that is a much better assesment of which of the teams in a tie is the better team.

Head to Head points doesn't really represent which team is better. But points on the year does for sure.

Next year make sure your schedule works so that everyone has the same amount of divisional games. Our league would be in the same boat if I hadn't redone the schedule so that everyone played 2 games last week.

Good Luck.