[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A story to top most stories!

Monsters Of The Midway

This has got to be the most bizarre fantasy football story I have personally encountered. Here's the scoop:

Going into tonight's game, my little brother and I were tied in overall record at 8-5. He is listed as being in 4th place and I in 5th due to the fact that he has outscored me by 122.65 points on the season.

I went into tonight down to the 1st place team in the league by 28.10 points with having Billy Volek and Eddie Kennison yet to play. My little brother went into tonight being up by 53.30 points with his team being done and his opponent only having Drew Bennett left to play.

I thought for sure that I would be out of the playoffs unless Volek and Kennison could some how miraculously score 125 points. However, some how Drew Bennett goes off and has a career day and scores (take a wild guess) how many points? You got it! 53.30 points.

So (as of right now barring stat corrections) my little brother and his opponent are TIED at 172.20 points. Thus making him 8-5-1 on the season and I at 9-5 and giving me the final spot in our league's playoffs.

To add even more parody, his opponent has BJ Sams and Joe Horn in his starting line-up. Both of which each scored a tackle yesterday giving his opponent 2 points that aren't customarily scored by a RB or a WR.

So (in a sense), I've snuck my lucky butt into the playoffs by a BJ Sams or a Joe Horn tackle that tied his game up.

I just thought I would share this with you all. I have never in the years I've played fantasy football ever encountered a situation such as this.

I have a pretty good one.

Down 23.2 pts or something like that, my opponent (my rival Uncle) is done with players, I have LJ. I didn't start LJ until about 3:45 Sunday afternoon after I realized I would be down going into the afternoon games and only one player remaining, either LJ or Pittman, I changed it to LJ, figured PIttman wasn't going to do a ton, just steady. My opponent had Eric Johnson, Droughns, and Goins, at the time we were even going into the afternoon games, EJ laid an egg, Droughns started his fumbling and didn't do much, and Goins had a solid game.

That's the good thing about Yahoo, you can make changes up until the games start, Sunday afternoon, Sunday Night, Monday Night, doesn't matter.

Sorry Tangent there, but that was the other strange thing that happened in our matchup.

So anyways, I'm down a little over 23 going into Monday Night. I go to bed at halftime, figured that I am cooked. Wake up this morning and turn on ESPN 2 and the first thing I see is LJ being interviewed which peeked my interest, then I saw the stats, 123 total yards or so and 2 TD's, total of a little over 24 pts in our league. I won by 1 pt or so, assuming no late Yahoo corrections. LJ totaled about 24 pts in the last quarter and a half. Crazy stuff.

My Uncle is so pissed he already changed his name to -----------. Not sure why he used dashes, but he's not happy.

Usually I am on the other end of this sort of thing, so it's nice finally to have a story like this. Watch though, I'll probably end up losing on a late stat.

Jay