[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weekend Reflection

Menudo

O.k. After taking it all in, here are my thoughts on this past weekend's games:

Steelers - Jets

Although we all have agreed that the Steelers didn't play a very good game, especially Ben Roethlisberger. One thought came to me. Going into this game, I thought the Steelers will win this game UNLESS they give up big plays on big mistakes. Well, they gave up a punt return for a TD, an interception return for a TD (when they were going into score), they fumbled when they were heading into score and still won the game. I do realize that these are problems that THEY created, but I still think that says a lot about this team. Of course Brien's misses helped, but even still being in the game after those monumental mistakes showed in my mind that the Steelers were clearly the better team due to the fact that they escaped this one.

Falcons - Rams

Falcons were clearly head and shoulders above the Rams. The Falcons have an under-rated defense. They keep pressure on the QB and stop the run well. Michael Vick is extremely dangerous in the playoffs when he has plays like there is not tomorrow. The Falcons running game is great and sets up a below-average passing game. They will need to stick with the run to win on Sunday. The Rams showed that they didn't belong in the playoffs.

Eagles - Vikings

This game could have been closer if a few things went differently (L.J. Smith's fumble into Mitchell's hands, the botched fake FG), but the Vikings are a team that makes these errors constantly. The Eagles are well coached and Brian Westbrook and Donovan McNabb are extremely dangerous. Their weakness is that they can still be run on, which I'm not sure matches up well against the Falcons. Jeremiah Trotter played like a man posessed on Sunday and the Eagles are an extremely well-coached team.

Patriots - Colts

Well, everyone fell for the Colts mystique, myself included. I thought that this was the year the Colts escaped their demons. Looking back on it, what were we thinking ? The Colts in the cold against a physical team like the Patriots were completely and utterly outplayed. The Patriots definitely step it up to another level come playoff time. Tom Brady is clutch and Bill Bellicheck and his staff are phenomenal. The addition of Corey Dillon certainly gives this team balance. If turnovers are even next week and there aren't any special teams or defensive TD's (Big IF's) the team that is able to run the ball most successfully will win.

Just my $.02

Steelers - Jets

It would have killed me to see my team lose to the Jets. The Jets had this game gift wrapped and hand delivered to them and they still managed to lose. Steelers D was great, I don't even think the Jets were inside the 20 once that game. Thoise two TD's kept the Jets from getting blown out.

Falcons - Rams

Falcons may suprise the Eagles Sunday, Vick and Co. owned the Rams.

Eagles - Vikings

I agree with you menudo, the Eagles can be ran on. I really thought the Vikings had a chance but thier Defense only plays a few good games a year and they shot thier load in GB.

Patriots - Colts

For once I would like to have seen the Colts man up and blast the Patriots up the middle all day long. They could have done it but that would have meant taking the air out of the ball and the Colts ego driven coached would have not let that happen.

Copied from Hugh One's post

The Steelers showed character in never giving up and overcoming 2 turnover (before the first missed FG), a defensive TD and special teams TD to stay in the game and have the score tied at 17 which forced Brien to make those kicks. They played what was probably their 2nd worst game (first Balt game) of the season and still won.

The Pats are an awesome team and deserve to be favored in the AFC championship game.

Philly and Atlanta look 100 times better than they actually are because they got to beat up on inferior teams. Come on... Two 8-8 teams in the "elite eight"?!? The NFC is a joke and either Pittsburgh or NE will dominate in the Super Bowl.