[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers Injury Updates

Hugh 0ne

Packers | Green Injury Update

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:44:10 -0700

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers head coach Mike Sherman said RB Ahman Green (knee) "severely" injured his quad tendon during Week 7. Green, who was carted off the field, was barely able to lift his right leg following the game and was wearing a protective brace to stabilize his leg. As previously reported, he will be further evaluated Monday, Oct. 24.

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports free agent RB Dorsey Levens (Eagles) could be an option for the Green Bay Packers to help shore up their dwindling depth at the running back position. Levens knows the West Coast offense, has always been a solid workout player and could hit the ground running should the Packers choose him.

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers RB Tony Fisher feels he's ready to carry the load if the Packers need him. "I might be No. 3 on the depth chart, but I never felt like that and I don't play like one," Fisher said. "I'm confident in myself. I might not be starting but I get a lot of playing time." Fisher's only professional start was against the Minnesota Vikings in 2002, when he rushed 25 times for a career-best 96 yards.

Packers | Ferguson Likely Out Indefinitely; Could Return this Year

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 04:06:53 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Robert Ferguson (knee, ankle) does not appear to be lost for the season. The team's medical staff does not suspect damage to either his ACL or MCL, but further tests Monday, Oct. 24, will determine if he damaged his PCL or LCL. Given the fact he also suffered a sprained ankle on the play, it is unclear when he will return to the field. His chances of playing during Week 8 or in the near future appear to be slim.

From KFFL.