[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blastphemy!

billay

OK, that NC State is having trouble finding a new head coach is funny, albeit predictable, but to mention that Tar Heel great Phil Ford is a candidate is just wrong. What's wrong State? Don't have any of your own alumni capable of doing the job? Why do you have to cherry pick from the UNC tree?

Maybe I should have hoped that Callipari took the job after all. :D

OK, that NC State is having trouble finding a new head coach is funny, albeit predictable, but to mention that Tar Heel great Phil Ford is a candidate is just wrong.  What's wrong State?  Don't have any of your own alumni capable of doing the job?  Why do you have to cherry pick from the UNC tree?

Maybe I should have hoped that Callipari took the job after all.  :D

1440830[/snapback]

To be quite honest, I really don't care anymore. Fowler is outta his league on this in my opinion. Dean was grooming Ford to be a HC one day, but he would have no margin for error in Raleigh.

Well, this just might be it, the Pack coach must have a 4 year degree from a credited university in order to become the next coach, the rumor mill is that Sidney Lowe is just a few weeks away from completing his, but is also involved with the NBA PO as a Piston asst coach-I feel like this is actually the case, as Fowler is waiting on Lowe to get his degree and finish to PO with the Pistons.

I've been trying to see the "direction" and this makes sense-target some big names-they did and it didn't pan out. Lowe is very close to his degree and Whittenburg is not anywhere close to his-so my call is Lowe, and I'd be OK with that-plus FYI, State never contacted Ford, as Ford stirred up the rumor himself evidently ala the South Carolina job a few years ago.

I think you give Lee a little too much credit. The problem with this situation is that Lee didn't set the time table, he wasn't in control of how the whole thing went down. Herb quit unexpectedly and the athletics department had to scramble to recover. You never land a big fish that way.

As for Phil Ford starting the rumors about himself, I doubt it.

Well, this morning I got a call from a fellow WolfPack Club member, who's father is also a senior WolfPack Club member. Case and Point- Sidney Lowe will not be the next WolfPack head coach, now this is where it get's interesting, Rick Barnes did not leave Texas due to what his family wanted to do-stay in Texas. However, with all the members of the Texas program declaring for the draft.....well, it appears Barnes really wanted to take the NC State job, and his family is starting to feel somewhat guilty about "denying him his Dream Job"-now when I got off the phone I was like, "yeah right", let's go get declined...again by Barnes. Well the local sports radio station down here AM 630 had Andrew Jones, the local ACC beat writer and a very connected guy in ACC circles, and I was assuming the Lowe leading candidate blah blah blah....well? He went on to say that Lowe would never be the next coach and pretty much repeated what I scoffed at in the morning-the Pack is going back after Barnes, and Andrew Jones thinks they will get him this time.

Well, as a WolfPack alum, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, as Jones even mentioned Barnes family feeling guilty, just as my phone conversation this morning, so who the fug knows at this point????

Who Knows??? The buzz is Lowe to hired on Saturday, but it has to be approved by the board of trustees ,and they were said to be going back after Barnes? It should be interesting tomorrow to say the least-I'll just have to wait and see on this one.

Well, it's Sidney Lowe, the cot Les Robinson left in the ACC basement is still there, so Sidney just has to bring some fresh linens. Horrible hire, as Lowe's record in the NBA vs dime a dozen coaches was abysmal, so he's going to come to Raleigh and go toe to toe with Roy and K???? Coach Sendek would coach circles around Lowe-well, it's back to the ACC basement for the WolfPack :D