[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Trade

gijunky

Keeper League, 1 player at each position QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, and Def

Performance scoring.

My rosters RBs include Kevin Jones, Brian Westbrook, and Cedric Benson (main RBs). I also hold picks 1.05 and 1.08 in the upcoming draft. As of right now, I am leaning to keep Jones, as I feel that he will (hopefully) do better this year and live up to the expectations. If Benson takes over in Chicago, then he will probably end up as my backup keeper option, with Westbrook coming in third.

My question is this:

Another owner in the league has Portis, Julius Jones, and Ronnie Brown, of which he can only keep 1 (probably Portis, then Brown). This owner picks at 1.03.

Should I trade the 1.05 and 1.08 picks to this owner for Brown and 1.03? (if he will even go for it). Or propose to send him Westbrook and 1.08 for Brown? Would I be giving up too much?

My thinking is that Brown has more value than KJ, Westie, or Benson, but that he will probably opt to keep Portis. If I can obtain Brown and pick at 1.03 or 1.05, then my backfield should be pretty strong. Or should I keep the two first round picks and just get the best player (at 1.05, my choices would include J. Jones, Dom Davis, Rudi Johnson, McGahee, Brown, Tater Bell, to name a few; I feel that RJ, McGahee, Brown and maybe Davis or J. Jones will go 1-4).

Sorry for rambling.

Keeper League, 1 player at each position QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, and Def

Performance scoring.

My rosters RBs include Kevin Jones, Brian Westbrook, and Cedric Benson (main RBs). I also hold picks 1.05 and 1.08 in the upcoming draft. As of right now, I am leaning to keep Jones, as I feel that he will (hopefully) do better this year and live up to the expectations. If Benson takes over in Chicago, then he will probably end up as my backup keeper option, with Westbrook coming in third.

My question is this:

Another owner in the league has Portis, Julius Jones, and Ronnie Brown, of which he can only keep 1 (probably Portis, then Brown). This owner picks at 1.03.

Should I trade the 1.05 and 1.08 picks to this owner for Brown and 1.03? (if he will even go for it). Or propose to send him Westbrook and 1.08 for Brown? Would I be giving up too much?

My thinking is that Brown has more value than KJ, Westie, or Benson, but that he will probably opt to keep Portis. If I can obtain Brown and pick at 1.03 or 1.05, then my backfield should be pretty strong. Or should I keep the two first round picks and just get the best player (at 1.05, my choices would include J. Jones, Dom Davis, Rudi Johnson, McGahee, Brown, Tater Bell, to name a few; I feel that RJ, McGahee, Brown and maybe Davis or J. Jones will go 1-4).

Sorry for rambling.

Well that owner should keep Portis and I don't see him trading trade Brown and his 1.03 for picks 1.05 & 1.08 unless he really wants an extra 1st round pick? If you could pull that off then it would give you a solid 1/2 at RB. I don't understand trading Westy & 1.08 for Brown as he couldn't keep Westy(over Portis) so it's 1.08 for Brown? If he doesn't go for your 1st option then I would try get Brown for your 1.08 and then draft the next best RB at 1.05 which I think would be J.Jones. Brown/J.Jones > K.Jones/J.Jones. Hope this helps. Please see my post.

Offer currently on the table is

Westbrook and 1.08

for

Ronnie Brown

I still have 1.05 and 3.08 pick (traded 2nd round pick earlier).

Now that I am writing this, I think I am giving up too much. Any thoughts?

Can he protect Westbrook? I thought you can only protect 1 player at each position?

Brown is the most complete RB of the up and coming... he will put up similar numbers to that of Tomlinson in the near future, especially once they get a solid QB in Miami.

I would not hesitate to offer him your 1.05 and your 1.08 for Brown and his 2.03

Can he protect Westbrook? I thought you can only protect 1 player at each position?

Yes, you protect only one player at each position. Westie would simply be insurance against injury of his keeper during the preseason (keepers are declared late), or trade value.