[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More gun talk.

evil_gop_liars

I've been looking at getting .17 HMR.

Anybody shoot one?

Which rifle, scope and Ammo do you use?

People seem to love this gun or people seem to think it is ghey.

Discuss.

More gun talk
:D

I really like the HMR - it is a blast to shoot. The cartridge was designed for small varmints, so if that's your intended purpose - it should work out well for you. It is not intended for coyote size animals - ever. That little bullet is screamin', but lacks the mass to reliably dispatch larger varmints.

If you just want one for target shooting, there are probably better choices. That little bullet gets pushed around by the slightest of breezes. The .17 HMR and similar Mach 2 are a blast to shoot because there is no recoil. You can keep your sight picture through recoil and see exaclty where you hit. I think that's why it is so fun to shoot.

This is the one I'd go with if I was buying new. I like the look and think Marlin has cornered the market on good rimfire barrels.

This is a nice rifle and a whale of a deal This is the HMR I have shot the most. It has a great trigger and is an awesome deal. I don't know how Savage puts a gun like this on the market at this price.

Optics are all personal choice. I tend to go overkill on glass every time. I decent 4x would work well for the HMR, but I'd be inclined to go with a nice 3x9 like this.

As for ammo, I've only used CCIs 17 grain VMAX. It is accurate and makes quick work of unwanted critters.