[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mac/LaCie hard drive question

detlef

Having put all 300+ CDs on my Mac Mini, I had to buy a LaCie mini hard drive. For starters, let me say that it's a pretty slick set up what with the fact that they stack perfectly and all. I'm now looking at my SMC router with a rather critical eye knowing that the Airport Extreme is out there and would also stack right along with them. At any rate, I digress.

I've set my Itunes folder to the new drive and consolidated all my tunes over there. The thing is, is it now safe to throw away the file on my regular hard drive? I see that both exist and I only have a bout 5 Gigs of room left on my main hard drive.

I need help from the Oracle.

Having put all 300+ CDs on my Mac Mini, I had to buy a LaCie mini hard drive. For starters, let me say that it's a pretty slick set up what with the fact that they stack perfectly and all. I'm now looking at my SMC router with a rather critical eye knowing that the Airport Extreme is out there and would also stack right along with them. At any rate, I digress.

I've set my Itunes folder to the new drive and consolidated all my tunes over there. The thing is, is it now safe to throw away the file on my regular hard drive? I see that both exist and I only have a bout 5 Gigs of room left on my main hard drive.

I need help from the Oracle.

Delete away. Unless you want to have a backup.

I'd recommend configuring crontab to backup your files incrementally to an offsite ftp server.

Or just f it.