[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Help

Timmypg

I'm going to look like an idiot here but that's because I am.

I'm in two fantasy baseball leagues this year. One is a head to head league and I get how everything works. The other league is a 5x5 12 team rotisserie league. I have no clue how the scoring works in this league. I didn't care at first because I thought my team stunk and I was in last place. Lately my team has been doing good and I've moved up to 7th place. I go on everyday and fix my lineup and see how I did the day before. I read the Yahoo rules for rotisserie scoring but it doesn't seem right. No one ever gets 24 points like they say you should and we do get negative points which Yahoo doesn't mention. What am I missing here?

P.S. It was an auction draft and I didn't manage my money well. I expect my team to stink again soon as I was clueless.

It's a bit complicated. Let's say there are 12 teams. If you are leading the league in a category, say more HR's then every team, you'll get 12 pts for that Cat and everyone else will get lower pts based on where they rank.

Each cat is that way obviously and then they're all added up for your total score and thus your place in the standings based on how many total pts you have.

Yes you can get negative pts in a given day if you go down categories more so then you go up.

You'll catch on.

Edited by chiefjay