[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apocalypto

Flip_Side

I liked the movie, but maybe someone can help me out with the plot.

I saw the movie twice, but not from the beginning. From the scene right before the morning where the bad guys show up, Jagaur Paw is dreaming and he sees the guy holding his heart and telling him to run. I never could quite figure out who this guy was in relation to the Jaguar Paw.

So I finally manage to DVR the whole movie and I see the beginning leading up to the point of the capture. Now I know that the guy is part of a tribe that is moving through Jaguar Paw's jungle, obviously to get away from the bad guys(?). But this doesn't make sense to me, because if the tribe is going through the day before, how does the guy holding the heart get captured by the bad guys and spiritually(?) warn Jaguar Paw when the bad guys would have to go through Jaguar Paw's part of the jungle first?

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this, but having seen the movie twice without seeing the beginning really made me wonder about who the guy was that was warning Jaguar Paw.

I liked the movie, but maybe someone can help me out with the plot.

I saw the movie twice, but not from the beginning. From the scene right before the morning where the bad guys show up, Jagaur Paw is dreaming and he sees the guy holding his heart and telling him to run. I never could quite figure out who this guy was in relation to the Jaguar Paw.

So I finally manage to DVR the whole movie and I see the beginning leading up to the point of the capture. Now I know that the guy is part of a tribe that is moving through Jaguar Paw's jungle, obviously to get away from the bad guys(?). But this doesn't make sense to me, because if the tribe is going through the day before, how does the guy holding the heart get captured by the bad guys and spiritually(?) warn Jaguar Paw when the bad guys would have to go through Jaguar Paw's part of the jungle first?

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this, but having seen the movie twice without seeing the beginning really made me wonder about who the guy was that was warning Jaguar Paw.

I think you are looking too deeply into it. The dream was a warning to Jaguar Paw that otusiders were coming and would kill all in their path. They raided the other tribes homes and chased them through Jaguar Paw's territory.(I believe they were part of the captured group that Jaguar Paw was in as well). The dream was just a warning and the guy holding his heart said "RUN!". More important was the prophecy of the little girl they passed by on the way to the city.