[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas area Huddlers

tbimm

My brother is moving to the Dallas area as he has taken the head baseball position at Manfield Legacy HS. This is a brand new HS and he and his wife and 2 daughters will be moving from Lubbock to Dallas this summer.

Looking for suggestions on school districts and housing as well as work for my sister in law. She is a dental heigenist(sp?) and the girls are just entering school age!

They are moving from her home town where they have family to help out in times of need to an area where they are kinda out on there own so to speak.

Grits, if you have any helpful hints it would be appreciated as you seem to be much like my bro. Very family oriented! Also you may really get along well with him as he is very into the baseball community much like yourself.

Just looking to the Huddle community for tips!

Mansfield is a pretty good school district and they will probably want to live within the district because Mansfield is a pretty affordable place to live. Mansfield is on the southwest side of the metroplex and they should be able to find any kind of housing they desire, whether its a neighborhood or a house with some land.

< shrug >

Not exactly sure how I can help. I would presume that he would want to live in relative close proximity to his place of employment (Mansfield) so as to avoid a daily traffic grind.

I would also presume that he won't want to live in Dallas where costs are high and the school board has their heads up their collective asses.

There are any number of nice neighborhoods in which to live in the surrounding areas. I live in the Grapevine/Southlake area and we are very pleased with the area in general and the school district. I haven't been in the Mansfield area so I can't speak directly to it.

I'd probably avoid Irving, although it is possible there are some nice areas in Irving. Same for Grand Prairie. Allen is kind of nice but on the other end of the world from Mansfield.

Those are just some general thoughts ... obviously I recommend that they visit several neighborhoods and pick the one that feels the best while also satisifying their other criteria.