[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can you younger old timers point me in the right direction?

Grits and Shins

I was thinking that the OLDER old timers may be a bit behind the times ... but all input is appreciated.

That's why the :D . Getting a kid into a good school is tough. Financial help, other than loans, is tougher. The playing field is dynamic, the local scholarships are worth looking into (even though they are only $1K-2K each, some repeating some not), but the school's scholarships are the real hard ones to get. Many are based on need. Income has to be real low to qualify, assets don't matter....figure that out? :tup: For scholastic scholarships your child needs to be extremely high in grad rank (upper 2% or better). ACT/SAT needs to be high also (1400 SAT or 31+ ACT). One can offset the other, but still very high. The PSAT is worthwhile taking, if for no other reason practice at taking a national test w/ no consequence. After she takes the ACT/SAT, she could retake, but the stats on one doing substantially better aren't good. HS counselors can help, as long as you get a good one, NOT like the one RR juniorette had. A major doofus, whose ears I almost boxed back just for giggles! :D Long story. The worst part about any financial aid is that you may have to wait until the summer before entrance! In many cases too late to change your mind.

Good Luck!

I know a program that will not only PAY for her college, it will PAY her!! Plus give her 30 days paid vacation evry year.

Her choice: The United States Marine Corps/the other ones.

It worked for me. :D