[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

circuit city combo menu

dmarc117

As long as you realize that the sound system is barely entry level and otherwise pretty much crap then OK.

Personally I would pass on any package deal like this and buy everything seperately. If you look and shop carefully you can get better equipment and end up near to the same price. Of course, if you have to have it all at once and or aren't particularly worried about the quality of the audio portion of this setup, then by all means go this route.

Yeah, its not a bad deal, but I think they are starting at the MSRP and then calling for "big savings". For example, I think the TV is about 1400 at most stores I've seen lately. I doubt the surround system is more than 3-400 normally. Those home theater in a box things are not expensive. IMO, they can sound good to a non-audiophile ear (like mine :D ).

My main point is, don't get caught up thinking you're saving 30%. You only might be saving 100 bucks. Price those elements individually around a few places and be sure to test them out to see if you like them before buying.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Circuit City is going to offer a deal where you get 5 free blu-ray movies with the purchase of a blu-ray player (ps3 included) ...plus the ps3 price drop tomorrow....you'll get a deal out of that...

but wait for the 5 free blu-ray movie deal as that's coming up real soon...

I got one when they first came out. Not for games, never been a big console gamer. I bought it for the Blu-Ray player. And I have been impressed ever since. It does make a difference.